Honors Employee Service Milestones
December 21, 2020
Briar Cliff University employees celebrating service milestones, a group that has served a combined 295 years at the university:
- 50 years of service: Marian Pesky, Champions of Character Coordinator.
- 40 years of service: Dr. Richard Steinbach, Chair/Professor of Music; Dr. Judy Thompson, Professor of Business Administration; Dr. Paul Weber, Professor of Chemistry.
- 20 years of service: David Viers, Security Officer.
- 15 years of service: Bernice Metz, Executive Assistant to the President.
- 10 years of service: Dr. Wendy Brame, Chair/Associate Professor of Sociology & Criminal Justice; Dr. Regan Murray, Associate Professor of Psychology; Dr. Jeremy Owens, Associate Professor of Music; Joseph Privitere, Head Wrestling Coach; Dr. Gretchen Wheelock, Associate Professor of Nursing.
- Five years of service: Melanie Berte-Hickey, Associate Professor, Social Work; Alicia Harper, Assistant Director of New Student Programs; Dr. Patrick Hauer, Professor of Physical Therapy; Melissa McClain, Clinical Education Coordinator, Nursing; Larry Obermeyer, Director of Resource Development; Marty Pottebaum, Director of Security; Dr. John (Eric) Strong, Associate Professor of Physical Therapy; Donaco Watts, Assistant Wrestling Coach.
Briar Cliff is honored to recognize these employees for their loyalty and service to the institution.
Briar Cliff University shares recent retirements of employees, all of which served for 17 years or longer.
- Renee Allan, Mailroom and Textbook Coordinator, served at Briar Cliff for 17 years.
- Dr. Barbara Condon, Professor of Nursing, served at Briar Cliff for 17 years.
- Paul Ermak, Assistant Professor of Theology & Philosophy, served at Briar Cliff for 55 years.
- Lana Johnson, Administrative Assistant Talent Search, served at Briar Cliff for 20 years.
- Sr. Janet May, OSF, Director of Campus Ministry, served at Briar Cliff for 17 years.
- Dr. Chuck Shaffer, Professor of Mathematics, served at Briar Cliff for 45 years.
- Dr. Ruth Schock, OSF, Associate Professor of Education, served at Briar Cliff for 23 years.
Please join the Briar Cliff University community in thanking these employees for their years of service and commitment to excellence for our university and our students.