Alumni Support Services
Once a Charger, always a Charger. Our ethical world changers have gone on to impact nearly every industry and every corner of the world and we couldn’t be prouder of their success. As a Briar Cliff University alum, we firmly believe that your access to our caring community should not be limited simply because you have graduated. We are stronger together. Let us assist you in staying connected with The Cliff and each other, for the betterment of the Briar Cliff University community as a whole - that still includes you!
We love to see and hear from you, you are always invited to join us at all virtual or in-person events.
View Alumni Events View Athletic Events
Stay In Touch
The following Cliff Community resources are meant to help you to stay in touch.
| Request a Transcript
Transcripts are a critical piece of your educational career. Whether you are on your way to Briar Cliff University, applying for graduate school, or a graduate of BCU, we have the tools to help you take this critical next step.
Learn More About Transcripts
| Send a Thank You
Do you have a current BCU professor, faculty, or employee that has imprinted a lasting impact on your life? Show them your appreciation with a personal thank you. Tell us who you are seeking, what contact information you would like to provide them, and what you would like to say. Our University Relations team will take care of the rest by delivering your message.
| Join the Gold Crew
The Gold Crew strives to create bonds between the University and its alumni. A big part of this comes from creating a bond and sense of stewardship between the young alumni and the BCU community. The Gold Crew is made up of three subcommittees, which all focus on creating opportunities for alumni to participate in community events while representing our Franciscan values.
- The Events Committee assists the Alumni Director with the planning and execution of various alumni engagement events such as Homecoming, Alumni Weekend, College World Series, and RAGBRAI.
- The Outreach Committee is focused on creating and distributing campus information to the alumni community. This committee also assists with identifying opportunities to highlight outstanding alumni, recruit volunteers, and engage alumni in social media.
- The Development Committee is devoted to establishing and maintaining connections with current students as they make the transition from student to alumni. They look to promote participation after graduation, as well as act as a connection between the Gold Crew and the Senior Legacy Committee, plus assist with the Toast to the Tassel event and various fundraising campaigns.
Let us know you are interested in and we will get you more information about how to participate.
| Alumni Awards | Nominate a Fellow Alum
Every year, Briar Cliff University makes two outstanding alumni awards. In addition to recognition within the Cliff community and local community, the award recipients will receive a plaque commemorating this significant accomplishment.
The Distinguished Alumni Award is selected based upon an individual who has graduated from the Cliff and has continued to incorporate the values and mission of the Cliff after graduation.
The Gold Alumni Award is selected based upon an individual who has graduated from the Cliff in the last decade and has continued to incorporate the values and mission of the Cliff after graduation.
All nominations must be carefully considered. Winners are selected based on the following criteria that strongly align with our University's mission, values, and vision:
- Demonstrated a commitment to living the Franciscan ideals of service, caring, and openness to all
- Demonstrated exceptional accomplishment in academic or professional pursuits.
- Demonstrated continued engagement and stewardship in the Briar Cliff community.
Contact our university relations team to nominate an individual. Be sure to include:
- who they are
- when they graduated
- what degree they received from Briar Cliff
- and a brief summary of why they deserve this recognition.
Nominate Someone Today!
|Cliff Notes Submission
Submit your latest achievement! Did you get married? Have a baby? Win an award? We want to hear about it! Celebrate with your Briar Cliff family.
|Career Services Support
So often, it takes community. Building, maintain, and leveraging relationships is often a key component of earning a job in today's professional marketplace. Our Career Development team is here to support not only today's students, but all our alumni community. Just because you've graduated doesn't mean we've forgotten about you!
We can assist you with the following:
- Exploring career or continuing education options
- Developing and critiquing resumes/cover letters
- Searching for new jobs
- Practicing interview skills
Invest in future generations of ethical world changers.
Explore ways Briar Cliff can support you.
We're always amazed at all the wonderful accolades and accomplishments that are happening in the lives of our alumni. We invite you to join us/ follow us / tag us on social media to share your news and stay connected. It’s a great way to share photos of your Briar Cliff University friends, fun events, and exciting life experiences. All of the links to our social accounts can be found in the footer below.