TRIO Student Support Services
The TRIO Student Support Services (TRIO SSS) program is funded by the U.S. Department of Education, which serves and advocates for first-generation students, income-eligible students, and students with disabilities who have been traditionally underrepresented in higher education. Located on the top floor of the Bishop Mueller Library, the TRIO SSS program seeks to maximize the college experience by enhancing learning and personal development with the ultimate goal of college graduation.
It’s not uncommon for students to face difficulties in their college careers. TRIO SSS provides services to help students transition to college and overcome academic, financial, and career hardships.
- Academic Counseling
- Enrichment courses offered in math
- Course/Peer Mentoring in select 100 and 200 level courses
- 24/7 Professional tutoring in any course through Tutorme.com
- Career-Readiness Workshops (i.e.: Internships, LinkedIn, resume building, interview skills)
- Graduate School Exploration & GRE Prep
- Career Assessments & Counseling
- College to Career Course Offering
- Virtual Job Shadow, an online career exploration platform with resume builder and more
- Money: Paper or Plastic Course Offering
- Financial Literacy Coaching
- Events/Workshops/Programming focusing on understanding finances
Wait...but that's me!
If you think that you qualify to receive assistance from TRIO SSS and/or have not heard from our team, please contact us. Or you can download our application and stop by during regular business hours.