Rapid need-to-know highlights to help you feel informed about The Cliff. Be part of a small community built on big outcomes. A place you can belong, create, and unleash.
Student Body Stats
Our welcoming campus culture combines rich academics with a tradition of service.
- Enrollment Breakdown
- 2021 Enrollment: 999
- 2020 Enrollment: 1,076
- 2019 Enrollment: 1,129
- Male/Female Ratio (percentage): 44% male, 56% female. (Fall 2021)
- Demographics: Students come from 39 states, the American Samoa and 23 foreign countries. (Fall 2021)
- Race/Ethnicity: 36.3% of the student body is comprised of minority students. (Fall 2021)
Briar Cliff is excited to offer several award-winning programs that you can explore. While many of our undergraduates join the working world after their time on The Cliff, some will go on to finish their degrees in the following professions: Chiropractic, Dentistry, Law, Medicine, Occupational Therapy, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, and Veterinary Medicine.
- Student-to-Faculty Ratio: 11 to 1
- Average ACT: 20.6 (2020 freshmen)
- Average GPA: 3.21 (2020 freshmen)
- Number of Programs: 40
- Types of Programs Available:
Retention and Completion
- First-time Full-time Cohort Retention Rate (Fall 2019 to Fall 2020): 61.03%
- First-time Full-time Cohort Completion Rate (6-year, Fall 2015 start): 56.22%
- Transfer Completion Rate (4-year, Fall 2017 start): 45.24%
Cost and Financial Aid Stats
Our Financial Aid department is dedicated to doing everything we can to offer our incoming and current undergraduate students countless scholarship opportunities to ensure your Briar Cliff education investment is affordable.
- Full Time Tuition: $32,526
- Average financial aid award: $23,000 (including federal & state grants and loans)
- First-time, full-time students receiving aid (percentage): 100%
- Students Receiving Aid: 100% percent of first-time, full-time students receive aid to attend BCU.
- All awards require completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Briar Cliff's FAFSA code is 001846.
- GRE Code: 7301
- DPT Program GRE Code: 1700
These numbers reflect full-time undergraduates for the 2021-22 academic year.
Student Life Stats
Student clubs and organizations can provide a way to bolster your character, gain leadership experience, and meet new people. The best way to make your Briar Cliff University experience your own is to get involved.
Whether you are on-campus, online, or attending school at another location, Briar Cliff was built on the values of creating a caring community - and we are known for doing just that.
- On Sept. 18, 1930, Briar Cliff College was established as a private, liberal arts institution by the Catholic Franciscan order known as the Sisters of St. Francis of Dubuque.
- In 1937, Briar Cliff's two-year education program was expanded to four years.
- In 1965, the first males were admitted to Briar Cliff College.
- In 2001, the college became Briar Cliff University. That summer, graduate programs (master and doctorate) were implemented.
Here, you can expect to form personal connections with all your advisors, professors, faculty, staff, and coaches.