The Head eSports Coach is responsible for coaching the coed eSports team in and out of competition. The eSports coach will act as a mentor to players on the team providing guidance and advice in the areas of academics, athletics, and personal development. The coach will be familiar with academic advising as well as being able to provide assistance with retention and registration efforts. The coach will need to be a proficient recruiter and provide a safe, dynamic environment in which the student athletes can learn.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruits student-athletes to meet roster and recruitment goals.
- Manages and monitors assigned budget within university guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Schedules inter-collegiate competition during season and off-season within NAIA, NAC, GPAC, and college policies and procedures.
- Adheres to NAIA, NAC, and GPAC policies and regulations and is able to articulate those to student-athletes, recruits, parents, and media.
- Organizes pre-competition and competition arrangements, for example, equipment, facilities, event personnel, etc.
- Arranges practices and practice schedule within college and eSports arena policies.
- Coaches the team during competition and practices in an atmosphere of respect for all persons and acknowledges the values and mission of the university.
- Serves as spokesperson for promotion of athletic team and athletic department.
- Assists with fundraising and general sports promotion for athletic department and university.
- Serves as a member of university committees as requested and/ or assigned.
Directly supervisors any assistant eSports coaches. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in collegiate coaching
- Extensive experience in eSports and Gaming.
- Knowledge of and adherence to NAIA and NAC policies and regulations
- Demonstrated experience as an effective recruiter. Experience within a 300-mile radius of BCU is preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear.
The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.