Your Academic Transcript

In the world of higher education, your transcript is a certified record (inventory) of a student's course of study history.  An official transcript serves as a copy of a student's permanent academic record, which usually means all courses taken, all grades received, all honors received and degrees conferred to a student from the first day of school to the current school year. A transcript may also contain the student’s rank in class and the accreditation of the institution issuing the transcript.

An official transcript is prepared and sent by the issuing school usually by the registrar with an original signature of a school official on the school letterhead and is sealed by the school. When students change schools, or seek admission to or to another college or university, the official transcript is usually mailed from school to school. When applying to college after high school a transcripts usually consist of grades 9-12.

Providing Briar Cliff University Your Transcript

When entering Briar Cliff University, you will be asked to supply a high school or previous college transcript to help us know how to verify, advise, and help you to register for classes. To submit your high school of college transcripts and ACT/SAT scores, simply send them to, or send them by mail to:

Office of Admissions
Briar Cliff University
3303 Rebecca St.
Sioux City, Iowa 51104

International Students: You must mail or electronically submit official academic transcripts directly from all previously attended high schools, secondary schools, colleges and/or universities. We recommend use of a private courier (DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc.) for delivery of official paper transcripts to Briar Cliff University. Official academic transcripts for previously attended, non-U.S. colleges or universities must be sent to an academic credentialing service for course-by-course evaluation.

Requesting Your Briar Cliff University Transcript

When you have exited Briar Cliff University, you can request your college transcript from us. We use a transcript service called Parchment Services to help us manage and supply graduates with their sealed academic transcripts. There is a $15 fee for all official transcripts. Any outstanding balances with the University must be paid before your request can be processed. To request an official transcript, or to have it sent to another institution, you must follow the parchment service instructions. 

Make Your Request