Peer Advising Leaders
Our Peer Advising Leaders (PALs) are a combination of sophomores, juniors, and seniors devoted to providing freshmen the best experience possible. New BCU students will gain an instant group of friends and get assistance with:
Moving into their dorm
Clubs and organizations
After completing their interviews and accepting their positions, PALs have been known for doing anything and everything to welcome new students and get them excited about becoming a part of the Charger family.
Interested in becoming a PAL?
- Commitment to new students
- Enthusiasm for supporting others
- Excellent communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Friendly and approachable
- Ability to lead and work with a team
- Ability to work with different social platforms
- Attend one day of training in March
- New Student Orientations (as assigned)
- Be knowledgeable about BCU
- Assist with planning prior to scheduled orientation
- Provide high energy and enthusiasm during orientation
- Connect with new students and help them connect with each other
- Help students transition to BCU by being a positive mentor
- Charger Check In and Move In
- Charger Weekend
- PAL Leadership Summit
- Monthly Learning Community sessions
- March: Training
- April: Orientation
- June: Orientation
- August: Fall Athlete and New Student Move in, Charger Check In, Small Orientations (if needed)
- September: PAL Session/Activity
- October: PAL Session/Activity
- November: Leadership Summit
- January: Spring Orientation, End of Year Party
|PAL’s are paid by stipend. Further details can be discussed during the interview.
Want to be more behind-the-scenes? Join the Charger Team!
Don’t want to be a PAL, but still want to be involved? Become a Charger Team Member.
As a member of the Charger Team you will assist incoming freshmen and help the PAL team assemble and coordinate Charger Weekend, where new students are introduced to their new home on The Cliff. To qualify you must be a sophomore, junior, or senior.
Are you outgoing, organized, and maybe a little goofy?
Bring your talents to help inspire our incoming class. Contact us to schedule your PAL or Charger Team interview.