The Compass is dedicated to enhancing the educational experience, increasing student success, and surpassing institutional learning outcomes. This service achieves these goals through advising, innovation, advocacy and authentic relationships within the BCU campus community. The Compass leads the practice of curricular and co-curricular navigation services within the campus community, student can be referred to the Compass if they show academic concern or by self referral; the student is then assigned to a Compass navigator.
The Compass offers many services including:
- Assigning students to Academic Peer Mentors.
- Connecting students to the best campus resource or department for their concerns. Providing information to students about majors and aiding those considering another major.
- Facilitating meetings between advisors and/or coaches with students
- Navigating last minute requirements for graduation (understanding waivers, choosing courses outside BCU that the Registrar accepts towards graduation, providing suggestions to problem solve and keeping the student on track to graduate).
- Addressing and problem solving overall course concerns.
- Directing students to university policies and important academic guidelines.
- And so much more!
|Monday - Friday
||8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
*Regular hours may vary during summer break, holiday breaks, or for special events on campus.*
There is "no wrong door."
Have a question about absolutely anything? Simply talk to one of our navigators and we would be happy to help you find your way.
Funded by the Department of Education Strengthening Institutions Title III Grant.