SIOUX CITY, Iowa — Briar Cliff University proudly recognized several employees with awards during a ceremony on December 15 in the St. Francis Center on BCU’s campus.
- Bonaventure Award: Cathy Grimsley, B.S.N. program director and instructor of nursing
- Emerging Faculty Scholar Award: Dr. Daniel Jung, assistant professor of biology
- Distinguished Faculty Scholar Award: Dr. Susan Beidler, department chair and associate professor of nursing
- Distinguished Staff Award: Travis Anderson, information technology help desk manager
- Community Impact Award: Sister Shirley Fineran, director of field education and assistant professor of social work
- Clare Diversity Award: Jessica McCormick, director of academic achievement
- Briar Cliff University Innovation Award: Department of Physical Therapy
The University also recognized employees celebrating service milestones, a group that has served a combined 215 years at Briar Cliff:
- 25 years of service: Dr. Brian Hazlett, department chair and professor of biology, director of environmental science and director of the Center for Prairie Studies
- 20 years of service: Jeff Baldus, associate professor of art; Rose Molacek, director of extended campuses; Heather Nissen, director of talent search; Boyd Pitkin, head baseball coach; and Sister Dr. Ruth Schock, associate professor of education.
- 15 years of service: David Arens, assistant dean of student development and director of campus life.
- 10 years of service: Dr. Sean Burton, department chair and professor of music, director of choral activities and director of the Briar Cliff Jazz Ensemble; Amanda Cory, assistant director of talent search; Dr. Theresa Engle, department chair and associate professor of education; and Nic Nelson, athletic director.
- Five years of service: Dr. Jason Adams, associate professor of physical therapy; Travis Anderson, information technology help desk manager; Gregory Kenkel, assistant director of Roth Campus Bookstore; Shubha Krishnamurthy, software systems administrator; Erin Small, director of new student programs; Tina Stroud, vice president for university relations; and Kyle Wonders, residence life area coordinator and judicial conduct coordinator.
Briar Cliff is honored to recognize these employees for their loyalty and service to the institution.