Briar Cliff Hosts Nursing Pinning Ceremony
May 16, 2023
The Nursing Ceremony is Briar Cliff University’s way of symbolically welcoming our newly graduated nurses into the profession. In the ceremony, the new nurses are presented with a nursing pin or hood by the BCU Nursing Faculty or a loved one chosen by the graduate.
- Among the honored Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) graduate students at the ceremony were the following:
- Family Nurse Practitioners: Danielle Campbell; Rasha Murad; Olivia Skaare; Laura Doetzel; Avery Peirce; Logan Stolze; Janice Kubat; Nathan Peters; Courtney Thompson; Carl Maass, Brigit Rauterkus; Emily Walton; Rayna McCormick; Sierra Thompson; Ann Wendel.
- Adult/Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioners: Katelyn Coyle; Carrington Stalzer.
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner: Emily Black; Laura Meyer; Lacey Stamps; Jamie Karstens; Darcy Reynolds.
- Post Master’s APRN Certificate Family Nurse Practitioner: Julitta Adu-Gyamfi.
- Post Master’s APRN Certificate Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner: Dina Irwin; Contessa Windeshausen; Ijeoma Ogbonnaya.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Candidates: Jackline Kiplagat; Brooke Lorenzen; Dorcas Wambui Kamau; Chidozie Ibe; Eucharia Uche.
Among honored Bachelor of Science in Nursing undergraduate students include:
Baccalaureate Candidates: Kennedy Andersen; Alex Kremer; Mitchell Begley, RN; Jennifer Leo, RN; LeighAnne Bohlken, RN; Rachel Martinez, RN; Heather Boswell, RN; Paul “Caleb” Michel, RN; Velvet Buford, RN; Jennifer Moore, RN; Hannah Colshan Beeson, Rn; Alicia Nyreen, RN; Rachel Dubrall Langel, RN; Sara Pojar, RN; Rikki Goshorn, RN; Payton Slaughter; Brooke Gruhn Schwery, RN; Kari Smith, RN; Paula Hillbelink, RN; Kaylynn Smit, RN; Erin Hoefling, RN; Ashley Studer, RN; Natashia Houfek, RN; Dorothy Rhiannon Trierweiler, RN; Caroline Khakula, RN; Alejandra Uribe Hernandez; Emily Kolker; Samuel Wycoff.
Undergraduate sophomore students who made a commitment to the profession of nursing were also recognized, including: Andrea Alcaraz; Paige Gergen; Joanna Blanco; Zoey Gwin; Molly Bormann; Justice Mendoze; Autumn Burrell; Mieyah Perez; Olivia Corey; Kerri Ruby; Bethany Davila; Kanoelani Shadron; Maribel Diaz; Makynna Snow; Lizbeth Garcia Ramirez; Micheala Wright.
The Keynote Speaker for the ceremony was Susan M. Beidler, Ph.D., MBE, FNP-BC, FAANP. Dr. Beidler is a professor of nursing and Associate Director of the Graduate Nursing Program at the Wellstar School of Nursing at Kennesaw State University in Kennesaw, Georgia. Previously, she served as the Director of the Department of Nursing at Briar Cliff University. During her tenure, she established the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Program and founded the BCU Nursing Foot Clinic, which provides care for homeless individuals in Sioux City.