Coordinator of Campus Ministry
Develop Faith Community on Campus | Implement Campus Ministry Enrollment Program
Responsible for developing the liturgical, pastoral, spiritual, and faith community life on campus, as well as designing and implementing a comprehensive campus ministry enrollment program, in keeping with Briar Cliff University’s Catholic and Franciscan mission in higher education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate and provide spiritual guidance to all students of all faiths within the campus community.
- Provide, create, and coordinate opportunities for ongoing faith development through retreats, Bible studies, programming, and grief support.
- Provide spiritual direction and/or pastoral counseling to all BCU community members.
- Provide areas of discernment both via the RCIA programming and areas of vocational discernment.
- Provide leadership to student-led groups such as Fellowship and Bible study groups.
- Facilitate and strengthen a positive relationship with the community, Diocese and Sisters of St. Francis.
- Serve as a resource to provide direction and leadership to faculty in infusing the Franciscan core values and Catholic Intellectual Tradition in curricula.
- Supervise, coordinate, schedule, and maintain liturgical services, spaces, and items.
- Coordinate events that provide outreach to the external community in ways that emphasize Catholic and Franciscan values.
- Provide oversight of the volunteer opportunities for students.
- Assist with various programming on campus to provide facilitation, leadership, and organizing.
- Monitor the Campus Ministry budget and special accounts.
- Provide oversight to Campus Ministry student workers.
- Oversee the Campus Ministry purchase of needed supplies.
- Compile the quarterly Board of Trustees Report for Campus Ministry.
- Serve on a variety of campus committees.
- Coordinate updating of Campus Ministry social media.
- Maintain contact with the Diocesan Office in any liturgical celebrations and pastoral issues.
- Respond to other duties/committee work as needed for the good of the University.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree (M.A.) in Theology/Religious Studies/Religious Education or equivalent with a sound understanding of the Franciscan core values, demonstrable through a variety of ways such as, but not limited to, Franciscan Associate, teaching, or research-based practices in Franciscan values.
- Must understand and support the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, including moral and pastoral teachings, and uphold Franciscan values.
- Ability to organize and direct major work projects.
- Works frequently with confidential information requiring discretion and integrity.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables. Ability to interact effectively and professionally with others, including good listening skills and a compassionate heart.
- Ability to review and evaluate programs for effectiveness with a strategic and intentional approach.
- Availability in the evening and weekend hours.
- A valid driver's license is required.
Candidates should provide:
- A curriculum vitae or resume
- A cover letter describing qualifications and experience meeting the job description
- Graduate transcripts (official or unofficial)
- Names and contact information for three references
Briar Cliff University is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers | More About Our Benefits