Event Hosting: Policies & Procedures
Briar Cliff University holds a valid liquor license. The following guidelines apply to all social events sponsored at Briar Cliff, both on and off campus:
- Sponsors must register the event with the event planning office.
- Sponsors must uphold Iowa law and BCU’s alcohol policy.
- Sponsors must present clear procedures to ensure that alcoholic beverages are not consumed by persons under the legal drinking age or persons who appear intoxicated.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages is permitted only within the area designated for the event. Nonalcoholic beverages must be available and featured more prominently than the alcoholic beverages.
All alcohol for events must be purchased through the events office. Prices are based on consumption:
- Beer: $2/can
- Wine/Champagne: $10/bottle
- No liquor allowed
Alcohol may be consumed in any campus event location, but may only be sold in the Stark Student Center (which includes the Saint Francis Center and Doherty Dining Hall). For more information, read the University's entire alcohol policy.
There is no outside food allowed in any area of the Stark Student Center. All catering for events located in the Stark Student Center (including the Saint Francis Center and Doherty Dining Hall) must be ordered through Briar Cliff dining service. For other areas of campus, you have the option to bring in your own food or to ordering catering through BCU dining services.
Sometimes things change, and that's OK! If you plan to cancel or make a change to your event, be sure to contact the event planning office at least three days prior to your event (or you will be charged a full fee for your cancelled event). The following service charges will apply:
- Late Change Fee: $20
- Cancellation Fee: $25
Standard cleanup is included in the general facility fee. However, if excessive cleanup is required, or excessive damage is inflicted on Briar Cliff property, there will be an extra $50 service fee at minimum.
For the past four years we have been partners with Briar Cliff University for several of our conferences and meetings.
Our participants always commented on the high quality of the facilities, excellent food and the professionalism of the staff and students.
— Flora Lee,
Iowa State Education Association