- Section Navigation
- DOCTOR OF NURSING PRACTICE PROGRAM INFORMATION
- Program Overview
- Steps to Enroll
- Tuition & Fees
- Financial Aid
- Student Outcomes
- DEPARTMENT INFORMATION
- Our Mission
- Philosophy & Purpose
- Become a Preceptor
- HELPFUL LINKS
- Online Learning Readiness Assessment
- Required Technology
- Orientation & Handbooks
- Order Books
- Contact Us
Reach the pinnacle of nursing.
Demand for quality health care is ballooning, and providers everywhere are seeking highly educated, well-trained nurse practitioners to meet the need. The standard for preparing those nurse practitioners is the DNP. If you're already a certified nurse practitioner, our post-master's DNP program is designed to take you to the next level in just two years!
A tradition of nursing excellence.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing, the Master of Science in Nursing, and the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) programs at Briar Cliff University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
In fact, we are the first and only accredited doctoral level nursing program in Northwest Iowa. From our founding as a women's college in 1930 to the evolution of our highly sought online and graduate nursing degrees, at Briar Cliff University we've been educating the region's most committed nurses for generations.
How does the program work?
- Both online and on-site classes. Our program is a hybrid mixture of coursework — most classes outside of clinical and practicums are offered in a convenient, online format using our cutting-edge online learning platform.
- Clinicals, with impact. We’ll work with you to find clinical preceptors close to home, at places where you can truly make a difference. The student-faculty ratio during the clinical component will never exceed 6:1. The clinical component also includes experience in a rural, undeserved or multicultural setting — where you’ll help provide primary care to those who need it most.
- Caring, veteran faculty members. Our instructors have decades of teaching and professional experience, and they’ll be with you at every step — never more than an email, phone call or chat away.
Get started today.
Have any questions or concerns? We’re here to guide you through the admissions process!