At Briar Cliff University, we pride ourselves on creating challenging academic environment centered around a focus on each student. Therefore, we have identified the following criteria for each applicant’s admittance and successful career at our university.
Standard Entrance Requirements
All incoming freshman, continuing education, or transfer students must meet the following conditions for admittance to Briar Cliff University as an undergraduate for the next semester.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or the GED equivalent with a minimum cumulative high school GPA of 2.0.
- A minimum composite score of 18 on the American College Test (ACT) or a minimum composite score of 960 on Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). The writing portion on the ACT is optional. This requirement is waived if the student has been out of high school for five years or more.
- Sixteen units of high school work, including acceptable course work in English, Natural Sciences, Foreign Language, Social Studies, and Mathematics.
If you are eligible after considering the qualification above, don't wait complete your application to become a Charger today!
Graduate Program Entrance Requirements
Briar Cliff offers several wonderful graduate programs. However, every graduate students' journey is different and strongly dictated by the student's educational goals. The entrance requirements and application processes for graduate programs are unique to each program. To see if you qualify or receive more information about the program that interest you, please complete the following form to contact admissions and our graduate representative will be in touch to help guide you through that process.
Appealing Your Status
If you are a student seeking admission to Briar Cliff but do not meet the requirements outlined above, you have the option to appeal this decision and request your application be reconsidered by Briar Cliff's Admissions Review Committee. Those appealing their application status will be asked to submit the following:
- A letter of recommendation from a current faculty or staff member at your current school or institution.
- Another letter of recommendation from a professional who is not related to you.
- A personal statement explaining "Why you think that you would be successful at Briar Cliff University."
If you were unable to test on a ACT national testing date or your ACT or SAT test score does not meet our requirements, you have the option to take Briar Cliff's ACT residual test. This test is administered by our university and the resulting score will only be valid at Briar Cliff University.
For more information about residual testing or appealing the status of your application please contact our Admissions Office.