- Section Navigation
- MSN: NURSE PRACTITIONER PROGRAM INFORMATION
- Program Overview
- Steps to Enroll
- Tuition & Fees
- Financial Aid
- Student Outcomes
- NURSING DEPARTMENT
- Our Mission
- Purpose & Philosophy
- Become a Preceptor
- HELPFUL LINKS
- Online Learning Readiness Assessment
- Required Technology
- Handbooks & Manuals
- Order Books
- Contact Us
Choose a program track.
Family Nurse Practitioner: Become qualified to serve as a general primary health care provider, much like a family doctor. (51 credit hours)
Adult/Gerontology Nurse Practitioner: Practice primary health care in multiple settings, particularly while caring for an aging population. (49 credit hours)
Join a tradition of nursing excellence.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), and the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) programs at Briar Cliff University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
From our founding as a women's college in 1930 to the evolution of our highly sought online and graduate nursing degrees, at Briar Cliff University we've been educating the region's most committed nurses for generations.
How does the program work?
- Less red tape. You won’t need the GRE for admission to this program, and no thesis is required to obtain your master’s degree.
- Convenient, online courses. The Master of Science in Nursing is a three year program where all coursework outside of clinical and practicum experiences take place online.
- Clinicals with impact. We’ll work with you to find clinical preceptors close to home, at places where you can truly make a difference. The 540-hour clinical component also includes an experience in a rural, underserved or multicultural setting — where you’ll help provide primary care to those who need it most.
- Caring, veteran faculty mentors. Who says an online program can’t be personal? Our instructors have decades of teaching and professional experience, and they’ll be with you at every step — never more than an email, phone call or video chat away!
Get started today.
Have any questions or concerns? We're always here to guide you through the admissions process!