BCUnited Emergency Assistance Fund
The BCUnited Emergency Fund is meant to be used as a last resort in helping students overcome unique, extraordinary, and unforeseen financial circumstances while attending Briar Cliff University. This grant opportunity is available to any full-time enrolled, degree-seeking undergraduate student at Briar Cliff University. Requests for BCUnited Emergency Assistance Funding must be used for school-related expenses, such as tuition, fees, course materials and program-specific supplies. BCUnited Emergency Assistance Funding cannot be used for regular household expenses such as rent/mortgage, cell phone, groceries, utilities, vehicle expenses or child care. To apply for emergency funds, each applicant must meet of the following criteria:
- Demonstrate financial hardship.
- Experience an emergency, accident, illness, or other unforeseen event.
- All other resources, including loans through the Office of Financial Aid, have been considered and are insufficient, unavailable, or not available in a timely manner.
- If you have an account balance at Briar Cliff University and before consideration to receive funding from the BCUnited Emergency Assistance fund, you must have previously done so or must be actively working to address your student account balance.
- Applicants must complete all application questions in full and submit supporting documentation as the situation allows.
Funds disbursed through the BCUnited Emergency Fund may affect the students’ aid package. The BCUnited Emergency Fund is not a substitute for financial aid. Students who are seeking emergency funding will be required to utilize all offered financial aid resources before being awarded emergency aid. The Office of Financial Aid will work directly with emergency aid applicants to determine the effect of the award, if any, on their aid.
Finally, emergency funding may create a taxable event that could require reporting to the IRS by the recipient.
Applications must be submitted online through the form below.
After completion the applications will be reviewed by a committee. Most grants range from $300–$500 depending on the situation and payment is generally applied to the student’s account at Briar Cliff University.