More About the Presidential Scholarship
The Presidential Scholarship is the highest honor and largest scholarship available at Briar Cliff University. Scholars awarded will receive compensation for the full cost of their Briar Cliff tuition for all four years (8 semesters).
Each year, the scholarship is awarded to four incoming undergraduate students who have exemplified academic excellence, outstanding contributions to their community, and extraordinary leadership thus far in their education careers.
We believe that history of a strong work ethic as well as a willingness to contribute, and learn is a positive indication of an individual’s ability to further develop their leadership skills while also contributing to Briar Cliff's campus culture.
It is our hope that this scholarship will help our students so they can continue to build on their successes and become ethical leaders in their future careers, future communities, and the world.
Please read the requirements below to determine if you are eligible to apply for this unique opportunity.
- Minimum high school GPA of 3.75
- Minimum ACT composite score of 26 or SAT equivalent of 1250
- Applicant must provide a letter(s) of recommendation or support that describe strengths, weaknesses and characteristics that would help us judge the applicant’s ability to succeed, be involved, and become a leader at Briar Cliff University.
- Applicant must maintain a 3.0 CGPA for scholarship to be renewable.
- Applicant must demonstrate leadership
- Each candidate must be a part of committee interview process in which our committee finalizes and selects the recipients for that given year. If you qualify to participate in the interview portion, the time and date will be emailed to you following your application.
- The deadline for completing your application for the fall of 2020 school year is November 25th.
If you have any questions or would like to request more information regarding the Presidential Scholarship, you can contact your admissions representative or Briar Cliff Admissions.