- Section Navigation
- DPT ADMISSIONS INFORMATION
- Application Process
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Admissions FAQs
- Admissions Demographics
- PROGRAM INFORMATION
- Mission, Vision & Values
- Clinical Education
- Student Outcomes
- Briar Cliff Clinic
- Manuals & Policies
- OTHER RESOURCES
- Why Physical Therapy
- Continuing Education Workshops
- Academic Resources
- About Sioux City
- Contact Us
- DPT Confidential Health Information Form
Mission, Vision & Values
Within a Catholic Franciscan University, with a tradition of service, caring and openness to all, broad intellectual background with career development, and encouragement of growth in self-awareness and in one’s relationship to others and to God, the mission of Briar Cliff University’s Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program is to pursue academic excellence in preparing the next generation of physical therapists to practice autonomously and respond to patient and societal needs of the region, including the underserved, by restoring, maintaining, and promoting optimal movement, activity participation, and wellness of clients. By challenging students to provide skilled, reflective, ethical, legal, compassionate, culturally competent, interprofessional, evidence-based, and patient-centered care, graduates will be prepared to be effective leaders and health care providers within their communities and the ever-changing health care environment.
The vision of the Department of Physical Therapy at Briar Cliff University is to be recognized regionally as an outstanding physical therapy education program that prepares students of all backgrounds to be leaders and effective health care providers within interprofessional teams, their profession, and underserved clinical and community-‐based environments.
Consistent with Briar Cliff University and the profession of physical therapy, the DPT program is founded upon the core values of altruistic service, respect for others, cultural competence, and a relentless commitment to excellence. These values guide all Program initiatives from course content to hiring practices to student admissions and ensure that the mission, goals, and outcomes of the Program are achieved. An appreciation for the role of the Program as part of a larger community will prepare graduates for making significant contributions to the communities in which they live and serve.
In order to uphold the program’s mission, the program will:
- 1. Provide an innovative curriculum that prepares students to be autonomous and contemporary interprofessional practitioners, respond to patient and societal needs, and be leaders within their profession and communities.
- 2. Promote the advancement of evidence-‐based physical therapy practice.
- 3. Collaborate with local stakeholders to provide patient-‐centered initiatives that address the health-‐related challenges of the region.
In order to uphold the program’s mission, the faculty will:
- 1. Demonstrate a commitment to life-‐long learning and the advancement of contemporary expertise in the realms in which they teach.
- 2. Serve as leaders and role models for students, graduates, and colleagues within the University, Siouxland community, and profession, including, but not limited to, the realms of community service, professional service, interprofessional collaboration, and scholarly activity.
In parallel with the Program’s Mission, upon completion of all requirements of the Briar Cliff University School of Physical Therapy, the student/graduate will be prepared to:
- 1. Practice physical therapy autonomously.
- 2. Provide health care services in underserved settings.
- 3. Be leaders within their communities and profession.
Desired Student Outcomes* (PDF)
View a breakdown of desired student outcomes for the developing DPT program* at Briar Cliff University. Last updated November, 2016.
Locate our Campus
Dates to Know
— Nothing scheduled —