- Section Navigation
- ACADEMICS AT BRIAR CLIFF
- Degrees & Programs
- Academic Departments
- Learning Communities
- Travel & Study Abroad
- Professional Workshops
- Honors Program
- Academic Support
- ACADEMIC RESOURCES
- Graduation & Commencement
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Catalog
- Course Schedule
- Online Degree Completion Programs
The Honors Program at Briar Cliff creates a community for like-minded, motivated students to come together and share transformational experiences.
Why should you join the Honors Program at BCU?
- Honors only classes. These have a smaller class size, compared to regular classes, and are structured to specifically challenge Honors students.
- One-on-one research. Get hands-on experience working alongside distinguished faculty members on research projects. You might even get published!
- Early registration for class. You'll get first chance to register courses each semester.
- Serve on the Honors Executive Board. It's another great resume builder and chance to network.
- Travel opportunities. See the world, traveling internationally and domestically with other Honors students on special academic field trips and mission trips.
- Make a difference. Participate in Honors service projects and positively impact the community.
- Graduate with honors. Receive recognition at commencement and on your transcript for completing the program.
Eligibility & Requirements
In order to be eligible for the Honors Program, you must be an incoming student (first-time freshman, transfer or part-time) who meets at least two of the following three criteria:
- 3.5 cumulative GPA
- The top 10 percentile of your high school class
- ACT score of 26 or higher
Incoming students must also complete an entrance interview with honors Program coordinators. For more information, see the official Honors Program constitution.
As a Briar Cliff University honors student, you will be expected to:
- Complete a total of 18 credit hours of honor courses or equivalent experiences; including participation in at least one "Honors Seminar" and customization of one course within your major or field of study.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.33 or above.
- Complete 10 hours of community service each year along with a service project organized by the Honors Program.
- Participate in a leadership role within the Briar Cliff or your own community
- Display a high level of character and act in accordance with the policies outlined in the Briar Cliff University handbook.
- Participate in the Honors Program monthly meetings.
- Participate in the senior research exhibition.
For more information, see the official Honors Program constitution.
How to Apply
Apply online by clicking the link below, or pick up a paper application in the office of the Honors Program advisor.