- Section Navigation
- ACADEMICS AT BRIAR CLIFF
- Degrees & Programs
- Online Programs
- Academic Departments
- Travel & Study Abroad
- Professional Workshops
- Honors Program
- Academic Support
- ACADEMIC RESOURCES
- Graduation & Commencement
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Catalog
- Course Schedule
Spanish Teaching Program
Degree Type: Teaching Endorsement — Program Overview
The Spanish teaching endorsement for secondary education majors is designed to develop students' listening, verbal, writing and reading skills in Spanish; along with their ability to instruct those skills in a 9-12 classroom setting.
Upon graduation, Spanish majors will have:
- Developed reading, writing, speaking and listening skills at the Intermediate High/Advanced Low level in Spanish, according to the American Council on Teaching Foreign Languages (ACTFL) guidelines.
- A broad understanding of the cultural, literary and linguistic contributions of the Spanish speaking world.
- Solid understanding of career options for Spanish degree recipients.
- A high development of skills that translate directly into a work or postgraduate environment such as research, collaborative work, critical thinking, public speaking and technological awareness.
- Outstanding preparation in the Five C’s of Language Learning: Communication, Cultures, Connections, Comparisons, and Communities.
— Nothing scheduled —
- Phil Hey Reading Series: Alumni Voices
I'm thinking about being a museum curator or an art therapist. I've seen how art can change people's lives!
Art and Writing Major ('16)