Assistant Professor of Business Administration, Accounting, and Finance
Tenure-Track | Teach Undergraduate Courses
Briar Cliff University of Iowa, an institution committed to higher education within a liberal arts and Catholic perspective, invites applications for a 9-month, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Business Administration, Accounting, and Finance position beginning in August 2024. The successful candidate will be qualified to teach undergraduate courses in at least two of the following areas: Financial and Managerial, Income Tax, Auditing, Advanced and Cost; Economics, and Financing. The person will also have service responsibilities to the university and community.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Management, Finance, or a related area.
- Candidates with a CPA in at least one state will be preferred.
- Candidates who have fulfilled the 150-hour degree requirement, as well as the one-year experience requirement for licensure as a CPA, will be considered if they sit for the Uniform Examination within one year from the date of hire.
- Experience with advising undergraduate students and program accreditation and assessment.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience in promoting inclusive excellence are required.
High value is placed on a team player who brings a variety of teaching interests and demonstrates knowledge of innovative learning technologies and program delivery, along with online teaching experience in a highly collaborative discussion-based asynchronous classroom.
We invite applications for this position. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Candidates should provide:
- a curriculum vitae
- a cover letter
- a statement of teaching philosophy and interests
- names and contact information for three references
Briar Cliff University is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers | More About Our Benefits