1:00 PM | St. Francis Center
- Section Navigation
- DPT ADMISSIONS INFORMATION
- Application Process
- Tuition & Fees
- Financial Aid
- Admissions FAQs
- PROGRAM INFORMATION
- Mission, Vision & Values
- Clinical Education
- Student Outcomes
- Briar Cliff Clinic
- OTHER RESOURCES
- Why Physical Therapy?
- Continuing Education Workshops
- Manuals & Policies
- Academic Resources
- About Sioux City
- Contact Us
- Student Life
DPT Program Application Process
Applications to the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program are handled through the Physical Therapy Centralized Application Service (PTCAS), a service which allows you to use one web-based application to apply to multiple physical therapy programs.
Enrollment to Briar Cliff's DPT program is limited to a maximum of 32 students per year. Applicants are encouraged to apply early.
1. Be sure you meet all program requirements and prerequisites.
2. Apply to the program using the PTCAS Web-Based Application. Your application must include:
3. In addition to the PTCAS online application, you must pay a non-refundable, $35 application fee directly to the Briar Cliff University graduate school. Pay online, or mail a check payable to "Briar Cliff University" with "Physical Therapy Application Fee" on the memo line. PTCAS applications will not be reviewed until the application fee is received.
4. Personal interviews are required in the admissions process. You will be notified via e-mail if you are selected for an interview.
If accepted into the program, you will be required to:
1. Submit a $500, nonrefundable deposit. Pay Online »
2. Complete a criminal background check. Read background check policy »
3. Complete all required immunizations. View required immunizations »
4. Prove active certification in CPR/AED.
5. Submit final transcripts showing graduation from accredited undergraduate institution & completion of all prerequisite courses.
Contact the Department of Physical Therapy:
Submitting Supplemental Materials
All supplemental materials must be submitted online or postmarked on or before the established deadline. E-mail or mail to:
Briar Cliff University
Dept of Physical Therapy
4280 Sergeant Road,
Sioux City, IA 51106