Nursing Mission Statement
The Mission of the Department of Nursing at Briar Cliff University is to promote health, healing, and hope of persons and the community and to advocate for social justice and healthy environments.
This mission is lived primarily, but not exclusively, in educating bachelor's- and graduate-prepared nurses, within an environment that:
- Fosters wholistic personal and professional development;
- Prepares nurses who engage in reflective practice related to health and quality of life in a variety of health care settings.
- Develops nurses who participate in ethical decision making related to health and quality of life.
- Provides a foundation for critical thinking and for the development, integration, and evaluation of new or expanded knowledge into practice.
- Provides a foundation for continued learning, and for graduate and post-graduate education in nursing.
In living this mission, the Department of Nursing at Briar Cliff University will be the life-long nursing education provider of choice regionally for degree and non-degree programs. Foundational to this mission is an organic integration of faith, learning, and service and is lived in relationship as the Department of Nursing, the faculty, and students develop and continue collaborative partnerships with other health care, educational, faith based, and social service providers and the public at large.
|• Basic Nursing|
|• RN-to-BSN (Online)|
|• Medical Laboratory Science|
|• Radiologic Technology|
|• Doctor of Nursing Practice|
|• MSN: Nurse Educator|
|• MSN: Nurse Practitioner|
Related Clubs & Orgs
|• BCU Student Nursing Association (BCUSNA)|
|• Pre-Professional Health Science Club
|• Red Cross Club|
- Briar Cliff nursing programs earn reaccreditation