There are currently openings at Briar Cliff University for the following positions (AA/EOE):
Please send letter of application, curriculum vitae, graduate transcript(s), and the names of three professional references to Ms. JoAnn Peterson, Director of Human Resources, Briar Cliff University, 3303 Rebecca Street, Sioux City, IA 51104 or email to email@example.com
Director of Human Resources
Briar Cliff University is accepting applications for the Director of Human Resources position. The successful candidate will report to the Vice President for Finance and will coordinate all human resource functions of the university, including recruitment activities, benefits administration, compliance with regulatory guidelines, and employee services. Bachelor’s degree required, with a minimum of three years demonstrated experience encompassing similar responsibilities. Must be proficient with Microsoft applications, as well as have the ability to communicate and work effectively with internal and external constituencies.Position available January 15, 2015. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and will be accepted until position is filled.
Vice President for Enrollment Management
Briar Cliff University is accepting application for the position of Vice President for Enrollment Management. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development/design, implementation, and evaluation of the University’s strategic enrollment plan that ranges from entry to graduation. Provide leadership in coordination of undergraduate and graduate admissions for face-to-face and online students, targeted financial aid, and retention strategies. Collaborate with Director of Marketing regarding marketing and recruitment materials/venues. Work in concert with academic and administrative units and with broad awareness of current and impending market trends affecting recruitment and enrollment. The Vice President will play an integral role in shaping the profile of each incoming class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned:
- Demonstrate an appreciation for and understanding of the Catholic Franciscan tradition and values.
- Promote the mission and values of the university to achieve the University’s Strategic Plan.
- Provide effective, motivational leadership to the division of Enrollment Management and its team members including directors for admissions, financial aid, adult and continuing studies and graduate programs.
- Collaborate with university leaders to review and strengthen the Strategic Enrollment Plan and its corresponding goals for total student enrollment, retention, graduation and discount rates.
- Collaborate/lead the process for developing enrollment goals by segment, target, etc., monitor throughout recruitment cycle; manage expectations. Build on a strong message and brand (the success of each individual).
- Lead the development of an annual recruitment plan that considers historical/current market data, trends, competitor positions/impact, budget and other high impact variables.
- Collaborate with the academic and student development areas to develop and implement activities/programs/outreach to bring about and maintain a campus-wide recruitment effort; establish recruitment goals and strategies, measurements to enroll the desired number of students in each academic program as well as the university; share frontline information.
- Participate in student success programs, tracking; share student stories, expectations, needs – all in an effort to link recruitment, retention and graduation.
- Collaborate with vice president for finance (budgeting, pricing, discount rate, net cost increase), vice president for academic affairs (housing targets, orientation, placement rates, work-study).
- Collaborate with marketing personnel including director, web content coordinator to develop a strong, unique, flexible, communications program for each key market segment (traditional, parent, transfer, continuing education, graduate) using multi-media; monitor for effectiveness.
- Oversee the training, motivation, job satisfaction, engagement and accountability of enrollment management personnel. Develop and build a strong commitment to over-the-top customer service.
- Adhere to ethical admissions/financial aid standards and practices and compliance with all federal, state and institutional admissions and financial aid policies.
- Advocate for the student, their opinions, concerns and sensitivities.
- Advocate for the resources needed (human and dollar) to effectively implement the strategic and annual enrollment plans.
- Communicate process, progress and results at appropriate times throughout the year.
Directly supervises employees in the area of continuing education, director of admissions, admissions counselors, director of financial aid, staff personnel and 10-25 work-study students. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of experience in a progressive management role in admissions, financial aid, marketing, retention – enrollment management role.
- Working understanding of best practices in enrollment, marketing, retention strategies, and data-driven decision-making.
- Demonstrated success in an enrollment management role, preferably in an institution that is tuition-driven; familiarity with use of enrollment management dashboard.
- Organized, authentic, creative, collaborative, and energetic; hands-on leader is expected to analyze financial and statistical pricing, discounting and financial aid leveraging.
- Superior analytic, oral, written, presentation, and collaborative skills.
- Genuine interest in forming highly effective teams.
- Proven skill in working with complex and diverse cultures, backgrounds and perspectives.
- Displays ability to work and be effective in an environment where employees represent different generations.
- Good sense of humor.
- Proven record of collaborating across departments.
- Evidence of success working in a team environment.
- Must be able to establish and maintain close and collegial relationship with University Relations Team responsible for marketing and collateral materials, including online and social media.