There are currently openings at Briar Cliff University for the following positions (AA/EOE):
Please send letter of application, curriculum vitae, graduate transcript(s) (if required for faculty positions), and the names of three professional references to Beau Sudtelgte, Director of Human Resources, Briar Cliff University, 3303 Rebecca Street, Sioux City, IA 51104 or email to email@example.com
Briar Cliff University is in search of a full time Academic Advisor. Professional academic advisors at Briar Cliff University will serve our new students in a holistic capacity to provide support and guidance as students navigate their first year on campus. Advisors will work one on one and in small group settings with students to develop academic plans and track students’ journey toward degree completion. Advisors will serve as liaisons across departments to facilitate a successful and meaningful student experience. Advisors will be visible on campus and work to develop new students in to motivated and engaged learners who embody the Franciscan tradition of service in their higher education and post-graduation pursuits.
- Serve as primary academic contact for approximately 40 first year students
- Lead 2 theme based learning communities and teach 2 sections for first year seminar, actively communicating and collaborating with faculty affiliated with the communities
- Utilize pro-active advising techniques to engage students in dialogue through formal and informal interactions
- Use intrusive advising techniques when necessary to work with students struggling with academic and/or personal issues, and understand the various campus resources available to refer students to the appropriate area for support
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with academic departments in order to best guide students from first year to major specific advisors
- Fulfill a collateral assignment in one of the following areas:
- Leadership Development
- First year communications
- Mission and Service Learning
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
- If bachelor’s level, show progress toward master’s degree within one year of appointment
- Experience advising students and/or working in the higher education environment
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Effective time management, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- An understanding of the dynamics and pressures of first year students and a strong interest in actively engaging to support student success
To Apply please submit a cover letter, resume and names of three references to human resources via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate which collateral assignment is of the most interest to you.
Transfer Admissions Counselor
Full-time position with responsibility for the recruitment of students interested in transferring to the University. Bachelor’s degree required with experience in admissions and financial aid preferred. The position requires high energy and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Some travel plus evening and weekend work required.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; one to two years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer knowledge (efficient in word and excel)
- Basic typing and calculator skills
- Ability to prioritize work assignments
- High level of confidentiality
Assistant Volleyball Coach
Briar Cliff University is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time assistant coach position in our volleyball program. This person will be responsible for assisting the head volleyball coach in the areas of: recruitment; game planning and management; the academic success of student athletes; and general program administration.
A strong background in volleyball, including 2 to 4 years of collegiate playing experience preferred. Coaching experience at the high school, collegiate, and/or club level. Candidates must have bachelors degree but a master's degree is preferred.
The Department of Business Administration at Briar Cliff University is seeking to fill a full-time tenure-track position in the area of Management at the Assistant/Associate Professor level for the 2015 – 2016 academic year.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Teaching areas will include 100 to 400 level management courses including Principles of Management, Production and Operations Management and Strategic Management. Additional online teaching opportunities at the undergraduate and post-graduate level are available to a qualified applicant.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate should be an excellent teacher, have a business background and enjoy working in a liberal arts environment. Candidates will preferably hold a terminal degree in management. Exceptional ABD candidates and those with a master’s degree with extensive industry experience will also be considered.
Director of Major Gifts
Briar Cliff University invites applications for the position of Director of Major Gifts.
The Director of Major Gifts is responsible for identifying and developing relationships with alumni, individuals and businesses who have the ability to make major gifts to the university. The Director of Major Gifts will carry a minimum portfolio of 150 people – including identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major gifts for the university.
Job requirements include: 4-year degree from an accredited college or university, high-level of energy, strategic thinker, ability and fundraising and Development experience preferred.
Instructor/Assistant Professor of Nursing
Briar Cliff University is seeking candidates for a tenure-track faculty position in the Department of Nursing effective fall 2015. The University offers a CCNE-accredited BSN program with a basic BSN and RN-BSN options, and an MSN program for Nurse Educators and Nurse Practitioners. A Doctor of Nursing Practice program with Family Nurse Practitioner and Adult/Gerontology Nurse Practitioner options is also offered.
Primary responsibilities include teaching adult health nursing courses (onsite and online) and supervising clinical experiences.
Qualifications: A master’s degree in nursing is required with experience in teaching in BSN programs; adult health experience and doctorate preferred.
Adjunct Faculty - Social Work
Briar Cliff University is seeking a part-time adjunct instructor for the BSW program. Candidate must possess an MSW degree with at least three years post-graduate professional experience. Experience with on campus and/or online teaching is highly desirable. Preference will be given to a candidate with experience in teaching a variety of social work courses across the curriculum.
- Preparation for class
- Grading required coursework
- Office hours
- Create course syllabus using the master syllabus developed by full-time faculty
Social Work Faculty- Tenure Track
Candidate must possess an MSW degree with at least three years post-graduate professional experience. Experience with online education and social work field education is highly desirable. Preference will also be given to a candidate with experience in teaching a variety of social work courses across the curriculum. Promise of continued scholarly activity and support for the mission of Briar Cliff University and its liberal arts tradition are required. A doctorate in social work or related field and prior undergraduate teaching experience are highly desirable. A licensed or license-eligible clinical social worker is required. A record of successful work with diverse populations and individuals, or institutions and social settings is required.
RESPONSIBILITIES. This position teaches full-time over a 9 month academic year. Full participation in on-going curriculum development and assessment is essential. Other responsibilities include student advising and both institutional and community service.
Part-time position primarily nights and weekends. Provides for the safety and security of students, staff, faculty and college buildings and property. Experience in security helpful but not necessary. Download Application (PDF) →