There are currently openings at Briar Cliff University for the following positions (AA/EOE):
Please send letter of application, curriculum vitae, graduate transcript(s), and the names of three professional references to Ms. JoAnn Peterson, Director of Human Resources, Briar Cliff University, 3303 Rebecca Street, Sioux City, IA 51104 or email to email@example.com.
Residence Hall Area Coordinator
Briar Cliff University is accepting applications for the position ofResidence Hall Area Coordinator. The Coordinator assists the Assistant Dean in the administration and operation of the residence life department and assigned student life activities. The position is a 12 month, live-in position in the Student Development division and reports to the Assistant Dean of Student Development and additional opportunities and responsibilities are possible through Vice President for Student Development.
- Directs the planning, organization, and operation of 2 Briar Cliff University campus residence halls.
- Assists in the planning, organization, and operation of the residence life department
- Assists in the recruitment, selection, training, supervision, and evaluation of resident assistants
- Responsible for various housing procedures including room assignments and room changes
- Responsible for the opening, closing, and check-in/check-out procedures for the residence halls
- Identify physical and operational needs of the residence halls, initiating work orders and ensuring follow-up in conjunction with the maintenance and housekeeping staffs
- Coordinates select programming efforts in the residence halls
- Coordinates publicity to resident students and when appropriate, non-resident students as well
- Assists in the implementation of educational student conduct program in the residence halls that promotes responsibility, accountability, and consistency
- On-call responsibility 1-2 weekends per month, 1-2 weeks per month, during term breaks and special weekends along with other staff in Campus and Residence Life.
- Conduct walk-through inspections for physical damage with the maintenance and housekeeping staff on a regular basis.
- Complete occupancy reports throughout the term
- Conduct community building and academic success programs within the residence halls
- Available for students on a regular basis, both scheduled times and walk-ins and maintain regular office hours
- Attend division and department meetings as assigned
- Perform other related administrative and miscellaneous duties as assigned.
First Year Experience:
- Plan and direct programs for a first year experience (FYE) for residential students that supports University goals.
- Work with Office of Retention and the Student Success Center to address first year student’s transition to college and assist in implementing University retention efforts and programs.
- Develop new programming consistent with national best practices to support student success.
Instructor/Assistant Professor of Nursing
Briar Cliff University is seeking candidates for a tenure-track faculty position in the Department of Nursing effective fall 2013. The University offers a CCNE-accredited BSN program with a basic BSN, LPN-BSN, and RN-BSN options, and an MSN program for Nurse Educators. A new Doctor of Nursing Practice program with Family Nurse Practitioner and Adult/Gerontology Nurse Practitioner options being planned for fall 2013 is in the final stage of approval.
Primary responsibilities include teaching adult health nursing courses (onsite and online) and supervising clinical experiences.
Qualifications: A master’s degree in nursing is required with experience in teaching in BSN programs; adult health experience and doctorate preferred.
Briar Cliff Fund Director
Briar Cliff University invites applications for Fund Director. The Director is responsible for the planning, organizing and execution of the Annual Fund Program. The Director will report to the Vice President for University Relations.
- Develop and execute a master plan for the annual fund that enhances engagement of alumni, along with acquisition, retention and growth of the annual fund.
- Implement strategies to increase alumni participation including strategies to increase the engagement and participation of young alumni.
- Coordinate with the Charger Call Center manager activities to support the annual phonathon efforts.
- Plan/organize/execute direct and email campaigns.
- Identify/cultivate/solicit/steward a portfolio of assigned prospects (alumni & non-alumni).
- Work with Director of Alumni Relations to increase alumni attendance at events.
Assist with Iowa College Foundation solicitations.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Fundraising experience is required.
- Some travel is required.
- Some evening and weekend work required.
Program Director, Doctor of Physical Therapy
Briar Cliff University is inviting applications for Program Director for a new Doctor of Physical Therapy Program. This mission-driven program will help create solutions for eliminating health care inequities in the region through the university’s Center for Health Care Initiatives. The successful candidate will have the vision, leadership, and collaborative skills to develop a high-quality program with an emphasis on underserved populations. The position is a twelve-month, tenure-track faculty appointment with academic (teaching, research, and advising) and administrative responsibilities. Responsibilities include leading the CAPTE accreditation process, hiring a clinical director and program faculty, overseeing development of physical space, establishing and strengthening collaborative relationships with appropriate health care and community partners, and assisting with marketing and student recruitment efforts. Anticipated start date is April 1, 2013.
Necessary qualifications:Earned doctoral degree (PhD or DPT preferred)Licensed or eligible for physical therapy licensure in the State of IowaCommitment to high-quality health care education in a Catholic and Franciscan context Preferred qualifications:Experience in program leadership in higher educationExperience in clinical practiceExperience with the CAPTE accreditation process and requirements.
Assistant Professors of Psychology
Briar Cliff University invites applications for two tenure-track assistant professors of psychology to start in the summer or fall of 2013. BCBA certification and a Ph.D. in psychology or applied behavior analysis are expected at the time of hire, although advanced ABDs will be considered.
The ideal candidates for these positions will have expertise in Autism Spectrum Disorders and will be prepared to assist the university as we enter an exciting community partnership with Sioux City’s Pier Center for Autism. Teaching load for both positions is 12 semester hours of courses (equivalent of 2/2) and the supervision of graduate student practicum experiences. Graduate courses to be taught may include Behavior Principles, Ethics and Professional Conduct, Applied Behavior Analysis, Behavior Intervention and Planning, Single-Case Design, and Functional Behavioral Assessment; undergraduate teaching may also include courses in developmental or abnormal psychology. It is also expected that the individuals filling these positions will maintain an active scholarly agenda.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the positions will be filled as soon as possible.
Professor of Finance/Economics
Finance/Economics: Tenure-track, full-time faculty position. This position would be primarily responsible for teaching courses and advising students in the undergraduate Business Administration program.
Preferred candidates will hold a doctorate or ABD in Economics or Finance. Those with a master’s degree and extensive industry experience will be considered. Courses to be taught include Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Corporate Finance, Production & Operations Management, Money & Banking, and Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management. Salary and rank will be commensurate with education and experience.
Professor of Human Resource Management
Human Resource Management: Tenure-track, full-time faculty position to advise, direct and teach in the undergraduate human resource management program with possible additional teaching responsibilities in an online master’s of human resource management program.
Preferred candidates will hold a doctorate or ABD in management. Those with a master’s degree and extensive HR experience and/or SPHR certification will be considered. Courses to be taught include compensation, human resource management, organizational behavior and strategic HRM. Salary and rank will be commensurate with education and experience.