International Students: Steps to Enroll
To be considered for admission to Briar Cliff University, the international student should provide the following:
1. APPLY FOR ENROLLMENT
Complete an online application for admission →
2. SUBMIT ADDITIONAL MATERIALS
- An application fee of $20 (U.S. dollars, non-refundable)
- A letter of recommendation from a professor or teacher.
- A certified letter from a financial guarantor (bank) confirming that costs while in attendance at Briar Cliff University will be underwritten.
3. SUBMIT ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS
You must mail or electronically submit official academic transcripts directly from all previously attended high schools, secondary schools, colleges and/or universities. We accept official transcripts sent to us electronically via e-SCRIP SAFE or Docufide.* We recommend use of a private courier (DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc.) for delivery of official paper transcripts to Briar Cliff University.
Official academic transcripts for previously attended, non-U.S. colleges or universities must be sent to an academic credentialing service for course-by-course evaluation.
4. MEET TOEFL REQUIREMENTS
All non-English speaking students must submit results of the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL). Admission to Briar Cliff requires a minimum 525 score for the written test; 193 for the computerized test and 70 on the Internet-based test. Satisfactory scores on either the American College Testing Program (ACT), the College Board Schoalstic Assessment Test (SAT) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) may be substituted for the TOEFL at the discretion of the Vice President for Enrollment Managmeent. Briar Cliff University's code number for TOEFL is 6046.
5. NAIA ELIGIBILITY (FOR ATHLETES ONLY)
If you plan to compete in intercollegiate athletics at Briar Cliff, you must satisfy a minimum of two out of the following three requirements for NAIA eligibility:
- Submit a score of 18 or higher on the American College Test (ACT) or 860 on the College Board Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT).
- Achieve a cumulative grade point average of 2.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- Graduate in the top half of your high-school class.
6. APPLY FOR HOUSING
If you will live on campus, you need to fill out the housing application. A $150 enrollment deposit will be required at this time. Apply for housing →
Send paperwork to:
Briar Cliff University
3303 Rebecca Street
Sioux City, IA 51104
United States of America