Doctor of Physical Therapy* Program
Briar Cliff University has launched a clinical Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)* program. This is your chance to lay the foundation for a program that will have impact in Siouxland — and beyond — for years to come. Our 136-credit hour DPT program includes:
- A progressive, clinical-based curriculum. Designed with input from faculty and practicing expert clinicians across the country, this program will prepare you to work with a variety of patients, from newborns to athletes to older adults.
- Hands-on, service-learning experiences. In collaboration with community partners, you'll work side-by-side with faculty and clinicians to provide services to underserved populations across Siouxland.
Information for Summer 2016 Program Entrance
|ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENT||EARLY ADMISSION||GENERAL ADMISSION|
(all materials submitted to PTCAS and Briar Cliff)
|Sept. 15, 2015||Jan. 15, 2016|
|Scheduled Interview Dates
|Oct. 30, 2015||Feb. 12, 2016
March 4, 2016
|GPA Requirements||• Overall GPA: 3.5 (as calculated by PTCAS)
• Prerequisite GPA: 3.4 (as calculated by PTCAS)
|• Overall GPA: 3.0 (as calculated by PTCAS)
• Prerequisite GPA: 3.0 (as calculated by PTCAS)
|GRE Requirements|| • Verbal GRE score: 30% or higher
• Quantitative GRE score: 30% or higher
| • Verbal GRE score: 10% or higher
• Quantitative GRE score: 10% or higher
• Analytical writing score: 3.0 or higher
|Oldest GRE scores considered||July 1, 2011||July 1, 2011|
|Letters of Recommendation||3||3|
|PT observation hours||60 (200 recommended)||60 (200 recommended)|
|Deposit amount for accepted applicants (nonrefundable)||$300.00||$300.00|
Updated: May 29, 2015.
As of July 2015, the DPT* program at Briar Cliff University participates in the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service, known as PTCAS.
*Effective April 29, 2015, the Doctor of Physical Therapy program at Briar Cliff University has been granted Candidate for Accreditation status by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA, 22314; phone: 703-706-3245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Candidate for Accreditation is a pre-accreditation status of affiliation with the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education that indicates that the program is progressing toward accreditation and may matriculate students in technical/professional courses. Candidate for Accreditation is not an accreditation status nor does it assure eventual accreditation.