Assistant Professor of Psychology
Department: Department of Psychology
Office Location: Heelan Hall 377
- Ph.D., School Psychology, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK.
- M.S., Educational Psychology, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater OK
- B.S., Luther College, Decorah, IA.
Greg came to BCU in the fall of 2017 after serving as a Visiting Professor of School Psychology at the University of South Dakota. Prior to this, Greg finalized his professional training by completing a Postdoctoral Fellowship in Clinical Psychology at the Children’s Mercy Hospital and Clinics in Kansas City, MO, and Doctoral Internship at The May Institute in Randolph, MA. Greg’s background in school psychology and applied behavior analysis has led to his clinical interest in working with children with learning and behavioral difficulties, particularly in educational settings. His research interests include evaluating evidence-based interventions for academic remediation and positive behavior, particularly in generalizing improvements outside of the treatment context. He also holds research interest in evaluating behavioral measurement techniques and improving assessment approaches in behavioral observation. Greg continues to be engaged in applied practice through school consultation at both the systems and individual student-level. He also remains active in parent training and direct intervention through his clinical oversight of the Briar Cliff University Applied Behavior Analysis Clinic.
Primary Research Interests
- Academic and Behavioral Intervention Approaches to promote skill and setting/situation generalization
- Evaluating and Improving Measurement Adequacy in Functional Behavioral Assessment
- Systems-Level Assessment and Intervention Approaches in Educational Settings
- Briar Cliff University Behavior Analysis Clinic (Sioux City, Iowa)