- Psychology Faculty
- Hood, Stephanie
Assistant Professor of Psychology, Applied Behavior Analysis Master's Program
Department: Department of Psychology
Office Location: Heelan Hall 379
- Ph.D., Behavior Analysis, University of Nebraska Medical Center's Monroe Meyer Institute
- M.S., Behavior Analysis & Therapy, Southern Illinois University.
- B.S., Psychology & Special Education, University of Minnesota-Duluth.
Prior to BCU, Stephanie worked in an inclusive preschool in Carbondale, Ill., in which she implemented class-wide and individualized interventions to promote appropriate social behavior and decrease inappropriate behavior. Stephanie worked with older adults with dementia and aphasia with an emphasis on the assessment and treatment of behavioral excesses and developing programs that remediate behavior deficits. At the Monroe Meyer Institute, Stephanie worked in the Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders’ Virtual Care Program, where she supervised state-of-the-science early intensive behavioral interventions (EIBI), parent training, and tutor training to individuals across the country through the use of web-based technologies. In addition, she provided school consultation services to assist schools in meeting the needs of students with severe problem behavior within rural school districts of Nebraska.
Primary Research Interests
- Strategies to promote skill generalization and maintenance
- Functional analysis and treatment of severe problem behavior
- Assessment and treatment of social skill deficits
- Social validity measures
- Parent training
- Identification of barriers to treatment integrity and subsequent remedial teaching procedures
- Early intervention
- Pier Center for Autism (Sioux City, Iowa)
- Briar Cliff University (Sioux City, Iowa)
- Briar Cliff University at Mayfair (Sioux City, Iowa)