Assistant Professor of Psychology; Behavior Analysis Program Director
Department: Department of Psychology
Office Location: Heelan Hall 377
- Ph.D., Experimental Psychology, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- M.S., Experimental Psychology, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- B.S., Psychology and Communication, University of Wisconsin-Superior
- Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (1-17-28591)
Dr. Mike Harman joined Briar Cliff University in the fall of 2018 and is currently an Assistant Professor of Psychology. Dr. Harman is a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst and is the acting Clinical Director of The Behavior Analysis Clinic at Briar Cliff University. Dr. Harman teaches courses on Applied Behavior Analysis, Behavioral Neuroscience, Research Methods and Statistics, and Introductory Psychology. Prior to joining the faculty at Briar Cliff University, he taught courses at Cardinal Stritch University and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
Primary Research Interests
- Development of efficient and effective interventions to promote skill acquisition
- The role of covert verbal behavior in the acquisition of complex verbal repertoires
- Identification and manipulation of parameters that affect decision-making
Dr. Harman is now accepting applications for students seeking practicum hours to become a Board-Certified Assistant Behavior Analyst (BCaBA). Please email Dr. Harman to receive more information on fieldwork supervision.