Associate Professor of Biology
Department: Department of Biology
Office Location: Heelan Hall Room 277
- Ph.D., Environment and Resources, University of Wisconsin Madison. Dissertation title: Publishing in the Landscape: A Case Study of the Town of Dunn, WI.
- M.A., Theology with Environmental Concentration, Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago.
- B.A., Biology, Drake University (Des Moines, Iowa).
Dr. David Hoferer has been an associate professor of biology at Briar Cliff since 2016.
He was born and raised in Iowa. After graduating with a bachelor's degree in biology, he went to seminary to study Christian environmental theology and ethics. For his dissertation work, he combined his ecological and ethical knowledge to study the social processes in the Town of Dunn, Wis., that led to the reinvigoration of local democracy in the town while simultaneously preserving and restoring natural and agricultural lands. His main interests concern the interactions of human with natural communities. He enjoys birding, cycling, and science fiction and fantasy.
Awards & Honors
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES OR AFFILIATIONS
- Academy of Evangelical Scientists and Ethicists
- American Institute of Biological Sciences
- American Scientific Affiliation
- Society for Conservation Biology