Head Strength and Conditioning Coach
Department: Athletic Department
Office Location: McCoy Arnold Center Training Room
- M.A., Educational Leadership, Northern Arizona State University
- B.S., Exercise Science, Minnesota State University-Moorhead
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- USAW - Level One Sports Performance
- CPR & AED certified, American Heart Assocation
Phil has been the strength and conditioniong coach at Briar Cliff since 2015. He oversees all aspects of strength and conditioning for the 18 athletic teams at Briar Cliff University. He also develops and implements specific training programs for each individual sport, while using research-based material to have athletes perform at a high level and stay injury free.
Prior to BCU, Phil was the assistant strength coach at Concordia College in Moorhead, Minn. He also interned with the NCAA Division I football program at Arizona State University, and served as a graduate assistant coach with the strength and conditioning program at Northern Arizona University. He played collegiate football at Ridgewater (Minn.) Community College and at Minnesota State University-Moorhead.