- Section Navigation
- ACADEMICS AT BRIAR CLIFF
- Degrees & Programs
- Online Programs
- Academic Departments
- Travel & Study Abroad
- Professional Workshops
- Honors Program
- Academic Support
- ACADEMIC RESOURCES
- Graduation & Commencement
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Catalog
- Course Schedule
Swimming with the Sharks Competition
Welcome to Swimming with the Sharks!
Do you have a great business idea? Pitch it to a panel of local experts, for a shot at winning up to $4,000 in grant money to help launch or grow your business.
The contest is part of Entrepalooza, a week when Briar Cliff University's Enactus students partner with local businesses to celebrate entrepreneurial spirit in Siouxland. The event is free to enter, and open to the public.
A group of five finalists will be selected to present in person at the Swimming with the Sharks competition at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 17 via Zoom. Each finalist will:
- Be notified by Feb. 8.
- Prepare a 5 minute video of their pitch and post it on YouTube by February 10.
- Be asked five minutes of follow-up questions via Zoom by the judges on Wednesday, February 17 at 7 pm
- Be judged on the long-term viability of your business plan; how they plan to use the grant money; and the timeline to accopmplish their business goals.
- If selected as a winner, be recognized and awarded grant money directly following the competition.
- Upon winning money, agree to report on how they used their grant monies during a follow-up presentation in September.
To participate in Swimming with the Sharks, you must:
- Apply by the Feb. 5 deadline.
- Be able to virtually attend the competition on Wednesday, Feb. 17.
- Be individual or a group of individuals, located in Siouxland.
- Be looking to profit from your venture.
- Demonstrate a need for funding for initial research/development, seed money to start a business, or a cash infusion for a young business.