The Briar Cliff Mission
Briar Cliff University is a community committed to higher education within a liberal arts and Catholic perspective. In the Franciscan tradition of service, caring and openness to all, Briar Cliff emphasizes quality education for its students, combining a broad intellectual background with career development. The University challenges its members to grow in self-awareness and in their relationships to others and to God.
- Our Catholic Franciscan identity, enhanced by the presence and sponsorship of the Dubuque Franciscan Sisters and the support of the Diocese of Sioux City
- Our challenging academic environment, which includes a liberal arts education, career preparation, academic integrity and academic freedom
- Our focus on the student, which promotes academic success and extra/co-curricular experiences
- Our culture of service to our constituents, to the Siouxland community and beyond
- Our appreciation of diversity and our respect for each person
- Our commitment to shared governance and collaborative decision making
- Our innovative response to change, which envisions a promising and confident future
Franciscan Values (PDF)
Information about the Catholic Franciscan values at Briar Cliff University.