Administrative System Support | Troubleshoot | Develops Reporting Needs | Analyze Problems
Provides support for the university’s administrative system (Datatel). The Software Administrator participates in application projects, investigates and analyzes requests, develops and aids reporting needs, and troubleshoots complex problems. The person will apply technical and communication skills to analyze problems and provide both oral and written solutions to optimize performance, productivity, and efficiency. The person will be trained and will be responsible for reading documentation to keep current with the changes and developments in the administrative software. The person will also be responsible for training departments and individuals respective to their disciplines and provide ongoing support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary responsibility will be to provide support for the university’s administrative system (Datatel). The Datatel software incorporates the following components:
- Colleague Student System
- Colleague Financial System
- Campus Organizations
- Residence Life
- User Interface
- Required to query the data and data structures of the system, troubleshoot any problem that arises in the database, software, or software configuration.
- Help the university and university departments in developing data integrity, rules, and procedures. This person will maintain a library of all data integrity, rules, and procedures for the Information Technology Department.
- Work closely with university employees to design, create, and implement reporting capabilities with the assistance of reporting software Argos.
- The person will coordinate and manage software implementation projects. These projects will include but are not limited to the following:
- Datatel software releases and updates
- Datatel patches
- Bug releases and patches
- System maintenance
- New Datatel models
- Personal Development
- Empower the users, through training and communication, with solutions to problems and help provide basic end-user training. This training should help users to become oriented to their specific function of the Datatel System.
- Assist in any means possible, either directly or indirectly, in the pursuit of the university’s mission and goals of Information Technologies.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Technology, Systems Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Briar Cliff University is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers | More About Our Benefits