Part-Time Program Assistant, Social Work
The Briar Cliff University Social Work Department is looking for a qualified individual to fill the ¾ time, 10-month (August through June) Social Work Department Program Assistant position. The primary purpose of the Social Work Department Program Assistant is to provide the department chair and faculty with the assistance they need to provide the best possible service to their students.
- Serve as a point of contact for students, public, and others interacting with Department of Social Work, providing timely and courteous customer-focused service
- Manage information dissemination regarding admissions process/procedures for the campus and online BSW programs
- Maintaining digital student records
- Provide administrative support to the program director and social work faculty
- Interpret and assist with implementing Briar Cliff University and Council on Social Work Education policies, procedures, and assessment.
- Assist with program assessment, and support student advising
- Support the recruitment and enrollment process, organizing documentation and scheduling prospective student visits with faculty
- Supervise Work Study student supporting the activities of the Social Work Department
- Maintain the social media presence for the department across multiple platforms (preferred)
- Assist in coordinating the student internship field practicum process
- Coordinate events and activities, including securing facilities and food, inviting attendees, promoting the events, setting up/tearing down, and assisting in planning events
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in an office setting
- Provide excellent customer service and takes pride in their work
- Organizational, communication, and computer skills
- Ability to relate well to the general public, students, and faculty
- Treats all people courteously, with respect and fairness and respectsconfidentiality
- Can work in dynamic environment, utilizing strong time management skills
- Self-starter who is resourceful, detail oriented, and has the ability to work independently
Briar Cliff University is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers | More About Our Benefits