Nursing Program Assistant
Part-Time | Faculty Support | Multitask
The objective of the Administrative Assistant is to support the faculty through administrative services. The incumbent must be highly organized and can multitask and manage priorities. The administrative assistant will be expected to complete a variety of work to ensure the smooth operation of the Nursing department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Chairperson and faculty in the formulating, producing, and processing of various University, state and national annual report including self-studies and progress reports, nursing student handbooks, nursing policy manual, course schedules, and load reports.
- Assist Chairperson with functional activities and responsibilities required by the department.
- Create and coordinate Departmental correspondence, including letters, certificates, and mass mailings.
- Take responsibility for Department event planning and coordinating.
- Manage the Department’s social media pages, including creating and posting content.
- Assist the Chairperson in managing Department budget, including processing purchase requests, invoices, and reimbursements.
- Responsible for information pertaining to the Department’s operational and information systems, including maintaining a database of current and former nursing students, managing evaluations and surveys, maintaining files including syllabi and student files, and coordinating course/instructor evaluations and graduate evaluations.
- Take minutes at all Department committee and faculty meetings as requested.
- Maintain confidentiality in all Department matters, including those involving student, faculty, and other personnel information.
- Assist Chairperson in minor administration and decision-making for the department.
- Operate office machines as necessary and assist faculty and work-study students in the operation of these machines.
- Answer phone calls forwarding from faculty offices, take/deliver messages, relay information to/from faculty, redirect phone calls when necessary, and answer caller’s questions whenever possible.
- Manage supplies used by the Department and inventory/order each year for the Department.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with faculty, students, University employees, outside vendors, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Some higher education courses preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working with computer software systems including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word, as well as Sharepoint application.
Briar Cliff University is an equal opportunity employer.