Writing, Videography, Photography | Draft, Edit, and Assist with Preparation of Materials
This position is responsible for providing writing, videography, and photography to the Marketing & Communications team. The Marketing Specialist will draft, edit, and assist in the preparation and dissemination of a variety of promotional, media, and marketing materials; assist with special projects and special events; lead media relations and other needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build effective relationships with the media and/or community contacts and internal stakeholders.
- Work with faculty, staff, and students to identify, research, and develop potential story ideas for use with media and/or internal communication vehicles.
- Pitch PR stories to appropriate media on a consistent and regular basis.
- Write press releases, media alerts, testimonials, and other articles as needed.
- Plan and execute all aspects of press conferences and other media-related visits to campus.
- Escort media on campus to interviews and other PR-related activities.
- Oversees and maintains accurate media analysis for Briar Cliff University.
- Provides writing, photography, and events support.
- Assists with the distribution of marketing and promotional materials.
- Strong familiarity with web and social media platforms, including content and social media analysis tools.
- Leads marketing projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
Preferred Experience in Videography:
- Create, update, and manage high-quality and engaging video content.
- Proficiency in videography, lighting, sound, animation, editing, live broadcast/podcasting, script writing, and digital channel distribution strategies.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or similar required.
- Experience in different areas of writing and communication, i.e., press media, web, social media, memos, etc.
- Experience in Premiere Pro and other Adobe programs.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Briar Cliff University is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers | More About Our Benefits