Supervise the IT Department | Manage Information Technology Resources
Directly supervises the department of Information Technology and daily operating functions. This includes managing information technology resources for academic and administrative needs of the university.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Provost and Vice President for Academic Aﬀairs has general charge and responsibility for the supervision and management of all academic colleges, schools, departments, and programs at a University, to include:
- Directly supervises employees within the department of Information Technology. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for maintaining dialog among university constituencies to determine relative needs and inform constituencies of available resources.
- Supervises the delivery of Information Technology services (via both hardware and software solutions) for administrative and academic purposes.
- Prepares and maintains the Information Technology department’s annual budget and monitors expenditures.
- Trains and supervises Information Technology staff.
- Prepares, designs, or supervises preparation of systems documentation, user guides, and training materials.
- Monitors production and distribution of products, including reviewing products for accuracy and applicability.
- Responsible for the oversight of physical and network security for equipment and data storage media.
- Coordinates with academic areas to provide availability of computer services needed.
- Coordinates delivery of information to students and employees at orientations and workshops regarding IT Services that are available.
- Supervises the service and support to students and employees for needs relevant to computing, in the performance of their duties.
- Communicates with vendors to maintain systems and receive technical support and training.
- Serves as Grant Project Director as required.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information received and/or utilized.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree (M.A.)
- Four to ten years related experience
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, this person must be able to work well with students, faculty, and staff. This person must be willing to work more than 40-hour work week when required and must be willing to work evenings and weekends when required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises the Director of Networking and Desktop Services, IT Help Desk Technician(s), IT Software Administrator(s), and monitors the supervision of work-study students.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Briar Cliff University is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers | More About Our Benefits