Head Women's Soccer Coach
Mentor Players | Proficient Recruiter | Retention
The Women’s soccer coach is responsible for coaching the women’s soccer team on and off the field. The soccer coach will act as a mentor to players on the team providing guidance and advice in the areas of academics, athletics, and personal development. The coach will be familiar with academic advising as well as being able to aid with retention and registration efforts. The coach will need to be a hands-on recruiter and provide a safe, dynamic environment in which the student-athletes can learn.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Staying up to date on Soccer Regulations
- Recommend strategic changes to the program
- Recruitment of student-athletes
- Budget management and development
- Game and official scheduling
- Game and practice coaching
- Attendance at athletic department meetings when possible
- Function as a team member with athletic department
- Advise/Mentor student-athletes
- Remaining up to date on Briar Cliff academic requirements
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in collegiate coaching
- Extensive experience in playing the game of soccer
- Knowledge of and adherence to policies and regulations
- Experience in academic advising of college athletes
Supervises any part-time assistant coaches and/or work study students. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Briar Cliff University is an equal opportunity employer.