Head Athletic Trainer
Coordinate Medical Coverage | Work in Conjunction with Health Care Professionals, Staff, Coaches, and Athletes
Briar Cliff University is seeking a full-time Head Athletic Trainer for the Athletic Department on the Sioux City, IA campus. This is a 12-month position reporting to the Executive Athletic Director and the Associate Athletic Director. The Head Athletic Trainer will coordinate the medical coverage for 16 sports and 450 student-athletes competing at the NAIA level. This position will work in conjunction with Physicians, Physical Therapists, other health care professionals, Strength and Conditioning Staff, Coaches, and student-athletes.
Working some nights and weekends will be required. Travel with teams is minimal except with Football.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Practice and home event coverage for assigned sports.
- Injury and illness prevention, emergency care, and the recognition, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletic-related injuries.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of 2 Athletic Training rooms on campus and all Athletics related health care administration for all 16 sports.
- Administrative duties will include keeping inventory, ordering supplies, budgeting, insurance claim forms, and supervising other Athletic Training staff and student workers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training, Master’s degree preferred.
- NATABOC certification.
- Athletic Training license in the state of Iowa or the ability to obtain a license.
Briar Cliff University is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers | More About Our Benefits