Graduate Assistant for Campus Life and Safety
Residence Life Grad Assistant | Residence Hall Director | Student Life | Free Room and Board
Reporting to the Director of Campus Life & Safety, the Graduate Assistants assist with the coordination and execution in the Peacemakers Department. The Peacemakers Department at Briar Cliff University encompasses the areas of residential life, housing, campus safety, and student conduct. The Graduate Assistants are live-in employees with the overall goal of enhancing the student residential experience in a safe and engaging campus environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides direct supervision over student worker staff in the Peacemakers Department.
- Develops and fosters a culture of excellence in service to students in all areas of responsibility.
- As live-in employees, are prepared to be on-call for urgent student needs.
- Leads all other duties and initiatives as assigned by the Director.
- Develops meaningful relationships with the students they serve for proactive engagement and satisfaction.
- Assists area coordinators with the planning and implementation of a robust student activities program.
- Assists area coordinators with the coordination of student organizations.
- Assists area coordinators with the planning and execution of robust intramural programs and activities.
- Assists area coordinators with the planning, setup, and coordination of special events.
- Assists area coordinators with all operations, management, and supervision of the assigned residence hall.
- Assists area coordinators with all aspects of housing processes for current and incoming students, including room assignments and opening/closing/break procedures.
- Assists area coordinators with maintaining occupancy and other property management records.
- Works closely with Facilities Department to notify them of any required maintenance or housekeeping needs of students in common areas of their assigned residence hall.
- Enforces University policy and regulations and communicates with local law enforcement when necessary.
- Assists all outside law enforcement agencies, fire department, or other safety agencies that are called to respond or investigate on the campus.
- Assists area coordinators with routine vehicle and foot patrol to assess safety and protect property of the University, including all grounds and buildings.
- Ensures detailed incident and/or accident reports are prepared and documented for official reporting and possible legal record.
- Participates in training for extreme campus incidents, as well as the actual execution of procedures and evacuations during threats and responds to injury or crises as appropriate.
- Participates in training for all Peacemakers staff and other necessary campus officials or departments that coincides with best practices in the area of campus safety.
- Assists the Director with the investigation of student policy violations for students.
- Maintains detailed records and notes for student conduct files.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree required, 1-3 or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
Briar Cliff University is an equal opportunity employer.
Find the Graduate Program That Interests You
We offer many exceptional graduate programs to help further your education and advance your career. All graduate assistant job offers are contingent on your application, acceptance, and enrollment in at Briar Cliff University graduate program of your choice. Be one step ahead of the competition and complete an application to enroll as a student today!
Explore Graduate Programs
Back to Careers | More About Our Benefits