Faculty Administrative Assistant
Provide Administrative Support | Assist Coordinating Events | Aid in Travel Arrangements
The primary purpose of the Faculty Administrative Assistant is to provide the faculty with assistance they need with administrative support. Faculty Administrative Assistant to support the following departments: Arts & Humanities, Natural Sciences, Business Administration, Media Communications, Mathematics, , Criminal Justice, Heath Sciences, History, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Psychology, Social Work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist faculty with understanding processes of requisitions, expense reports, etc. and where to find forms/resources.
- Load and retrieve faculty course surveys during fall, spring and summer semesters.
- Aid in travel and itinerary arrangements for visitors, candidates, speakers.
- Ensure academic catalog updates are submitted and add changes.
- Assists faculty in coordinating events i.e., occasions, fairs.
- Involvement in planning commencement ceremony and other end of year activities, including.
- Operate and handle minor troubleshooting of shared office equipment as necessary and assist with copy jobs as needed.
- Keep supply room stocked with standard office supplies and paper goods.
- Flexibility to assist in other areas of the university when needed.
- Help faculty organize a new hires’ onboarding experience, office needs/supplies.
- Assist in office needs, sourcing and creative solutions to requests.
- Gather course syllabi and communicate changes to elements annually.
- Attend assigned committee meetings and take minutes for distribution and posting on the committee portals.
- Works closely with Provost Exec Assistant on projects and initiatives.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong typing skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office software.
- Able to maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in dealing with people and possess the flexibility to quickly adapt to new situations.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and to meet deadlines.
Briar Cliff University is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers | More About Our Benefits