Executive Administrative Assistant - Provost
Provide Executive-Level Administrative Support | Central Resource for Coordination | Collaborates with Faculty
The Executive Administrative Assistant is responsible for managing a broad range of administrative tasks and projects and prioritizing a calendar of meetings. The Executive Assistant provides proactive, responsive, and effective executive-level administrative support, and serves as a central resource for the coordination of administrative duties of the Vice President. Collaborates with faculty and other administrative staff to develop protocols and processes for the effective management of the office of academic affairs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates the Vice President for Academic Affairs’ (VPAA) complex meeting schedule and prepares meeting materials and follow-up documents.
- Ensures the VPAA is kept on schedule and is appropriately briefed; evaluates and prioritizes time requests and manages the VPAA dynamic schedule under significant constraints.
- Prepares materials for Board of Directors meetings.
- Represents the office to, and interacts with, Board Members, senior University administrators (including the president, vice presidents, and other members of the Cabinet), department chairs, program directors, and the general University community.
- Manages incoming requests to the office; collects, researches, and analyzes information, decides daily the best routing for various inquiries.
- Initiates communications, handles correspondence, and replies as appropriate to phone, paper, or electronic inquiries on behalf of the VPAA.
- Manages the VPAA’s budget and processes travel arrangements and reports; serves as the VPAA's delegate in selected systems and reconciles/approves transactions for direct reports as needed.
- Formulate, produce, and process divisional information effectively and efficiently.
- Assist with research of academic governance documents as needed.
- Creates intricate spreadsheets, Word documents, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Manages travel logistics for the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Welcomes guests, in person and on the telephone, and serves as the principal public relations ambassador for the VPAA, answering or directing inquiries as needed.
- Assists the VPAA and other senior staff members by independently managing special and ongoing projects, including data collection and analysis.
- Participates actively in organizational initiatives and projects.
- Collaborates with the appropriate staff to coordinate employee support including on-boarding of new employees.
- Assists with space planning updates and changes.
- Manages University Catalog.
- Maintain course loads within computer system.
- Maintain faculty intranet.
- Plans and coordinates targeted division-wide events.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree
- Three years of experience or an appropriate blend of related experience and education.
- The ability to work effectively and independently with limited supervision.
- Track record of handling sensitive information with highest level of professionalism, confidentiality, tact, integrity, and discretion.
- Strong interpersonal skills: proven capacity to communicate verbally and in writing at a sophisticated level.
- Excellent capacity to think critically and to make sound decisions.
- Proficiency with computer software: including but not limited to Microsoft Office, database, and electronic calendar.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain a professional, collaborative, and spirited environment in the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Ability to complete complex assignments quickly and with a high degree of quality and accuracy, respond with appropriate urgency to situations that arise, and solve difficult problems proactively and efficiently.
- Solid and confident decision-making skills and outstanding judgment.
- Ability to anticipate schedule demands, make quick decisions and act with poise under pressure.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail necessary
- Experience in Human Resource processes is desired.
- Event planning and management experience preferred.
Briar Cliff University is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers | More About Our Benefits