Business Office Manager
Accounts Payable | Payroll | Accounting Processes
The Business Office Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Student Accounts, Procurement System, Accounts Payables and Payroll.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for the operation of student accounting processes including billings, finance charges, outsourced payment plans, electronic data transfers to and from 3rd parties and other departments, accuracy of the student accounting database, compliance with government regulations.
- When necessary, resolves problems and questions with students or parents regarding student finances. Contacts and initiates the settling of student account balances in escalated or special situations.
- Work with Residence Life to make sure correct charges for housing and meals plans are correct and timely.
- Communicates regularly with offices such as the Financial Aid Office, Registrar’s Office, and Residence Life to ensure the student experience is as seamless as possible.
- Compiles data and produces the IRS Form 1098-T (Tuition Statement).
- Adjusts students’ accounts when necessary and sends appropriate refund letters.
- Manages finance charges, holds, and deferred income on accounts.
- Reconciles student accounts after 10th day of each semester. (Sept and Feb).
- Completes month-end and year-end close. Assists Business Office with discrepancies in receivables balances.
- Creates student accounts for the academic year and summer.
- Creates and bills summer sessions. Works with the Registrar’s Office to ensure accurate waivers and grants are applied to correct accounts.
- Works with Admissions and International and Off-Campus Studies to ensure accurate billing for international exchange students and scholars.
- Ensures that the accounts payable and the company’s financial obligations are met efficiently.
- Oversee all payment transactions such as ACH, wires, paper checks and so on.
- Keeps track of the status of all transactions taking place within the company and external vendors and contractors.
- Oversees all tax-related processes, like the 1099’s and W-2s for year-end.
- Be the backup personnel for accounts payable and payroll processing when needed.
- Manages special projects as assigned by Controller.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises 3 employees.
CONTACTS: Students, parents, staff, vendors, and faculty.
Essential: Associates degree or equivalent experience.
Desirable: Associates or Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
Essential: 3 – 5 years of experience in a role equivalent to job description.
Desirable: Experience working in a higher education environment. Supervisory experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Excellent public relations, oral and written communication and ability to communicate sensitive and/or complex information in a confidential and straightforward manner.
- Must be accurate and detail oriented.
- Ability to problem solve and handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Excel, Access, and Word.
- Experienced in financial database systems with the ability to manipulate large amounts of data.
- Basic accounting skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to greet and communicate with customers at the Business Office window.
Briar Cliff University is an equal opportunity employer.