Associate Provost of Student Success and Student Life
Oversee Areas the Directly Impact Student Success | Provide Leadership and Improve Student Engagement
The Associate Provost for Student Success and Student Life oversees campus areas that directly impact student success on campus, including Accessibility Services, Campus Ministry, Compass, Personal and Professional Development, Student Counseling, TRIO Student Support Services, and any other student support service needs that arise. This position will provide leadership on systemic support services to improve student engagement, retention, and persistence as well as strategic leadership of student life at Briar Cliff University.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides oversight of, and leadership for, key student success and student life departments:
- Accessibility Services
- Campus Ministry
- Personal and Professional Development
- Student Counseling
- TRIO Student Support Services
- Support and help lead initiatives to improve student retention and persistence.
- Support initiatives to implement best practices tied to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility to increase student success.
- Provide strategic support and leadership to residential and student life on campus, including the House system, collaborating with the Vice President for Finance, the Director of Campus Life and Safety, and the Assistant Director of Residence Life.
- Assist in implementation of the university’s strategic plan.
- Provide oversight of Title IX and Student Code of Conduct.
- Positively represent the Provost’s office through participation in committees, programs, and service opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree required.
- Experience working in the higher education environment.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Effective time management, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- An understanding of the dynamics and pressures of college students and a strong interest in actively engaging to support student success and student life.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Frequent face to face, on-line, phone and email contact with students, faculty, administrators, and staff.
- Regular use of basic office equipment including computers, phones, printers, and copy machines.
- Requires flexibly on the part of advisors in scheduling, some evenings and weekends will be necessary to facilitate programming and meet student needs.
- Must be willing to work in a community focused, small, private, religiously affiliated, liberal art institution.
Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
Accomplished skills in typing, word processing, and spreadsheet management. Familiarity with Outlook and other Microsoft software preferred.
Briar Cliff University is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers | More About Our Benefits