Assistant Volleyball Coach & Sports Information Specialist
Mentor Players | Proficient Recruiter | Social Media | Event Management
The Assistant Volleyball Coach & Sports Information Specialist is responsible for assisting the Head Volleyball Coach and Sports Information Director in all essential functions. As an assistant coach, the incumbent will act as a mentor to players on the team providing guidance and advice in the areas of academics, athletics, and personal development. The incumbent will need to be a proficient recruiter and provide a safe, dynamic environment in which the student athletes can learn. As a Sports Information Specialist, the incumbent will assist the Sports Information Director in all digital and social media platforms and event management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assistant Volleyball Coach
- Assists in recruiting student-athletes to meet roster and recruitment goals.
- Assist with scheduling inter-collegiate games during season and off-season within NAIA, conference, and college policies and procedures.
- Adheres to NAIA policies and regulations and can articulate those to student-athletes, recruits, parents, and media.
- Assists with organizing pre-game and game arrangements, for example, equipment, facilities, officials, game/bench personnel, etc.
- Assists the head coach to coach the team during games and practices in an atmosphere of respect for all persons and acknowledges the values and mission of the university.
- Assists with fundraising and general sports promotion for athletic department and university.
- Serves as a member of university committees as requested and/or assigned.
Sports Information Specialist
- Assist in maintenance of the Briar Cliff Athletics website.
- Report game results and stats to the conference and BCU website.
- Assist in game day operations for all Briar Cliff home games, including inputting stats, live stream oversight and photography.
- Promote Briar Cliff Athletics through social media on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Directly supervises student workers, team managers, and event workers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Extensive experience in the sport of volleyball
- Knowledge of and adherence to NAIA policies and regulations
- Demonstrated experience as an effective recruiter. Experience within a 300-mile radius of BCU is preferred.
- Experience with digital and social media is preferred.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Briar Cliff University is an equal opportunity employer.