Assistant Sports Information Director
Assist with Promotion of all Varsity Sports | Event and Game Management | Social Media
The Assistant Sports Information Director assists the Sports Information Director with the promotion and publicity of all Briar Cliff varsity sports. Responsibilities include sports information, web content management, publishing game notes and other materials, social media, stats, event and game management and communication with the media.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Sports Information Director in all aspects of running an efficient and effective operation with a primary focus on digital media and content development.
- Serve as the primary media contact for select athletic teams including stating live events, award nominations, and assisting in social media content.
- Produce news releases for pre-game publication and post game results.
- Develop and maintain BCU athletic website with schedules, game notes, game recaps and scores.
- Assist and oversee the press box/or scoring tables for athletic contests and manage professional and student staff.
- Archiving player and game statistics and assist in maintaining and updating record books for select athletic teams.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism on and off the field toward student athletes, other coaches, parents, administrators, and members of the community.
- Assume additional administrative responsibilities within Athletics Department such as ticketing, season passes, etc., as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master's degree preferred
- Two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency withing with design software programs: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- Experience working with statistical software such as PrestoStats and DakStats.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work weekdays, weekends, and some evenings.
Briar Cliff University is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers | More About Our Benefits