Assistant Softball Coach
Mentor Student-Athletes in Academics, Athletics, Personal Development | Assist Head Coach
The Assistant Softball Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Softball Coach in all essential functions. As an assistant coach, the incumbent will act as a mentor to players on the team providing guidance and advice in the areas of academics, athletics, and personal development. The incumbent will need to provide a safe, dynamic environment in which the student athletes can learn.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in recruiting student-athletes to meet roster and recruitment goals.
- Adheres to NAIA policies and regulations and can articulate those to student-athletes, recruits, parents, and media.
- Assists with organizing pre-game and game arrangements, for example, equipment, facilities, officials, game/bench personnel, etc.
- Assists the head coach to coach the team during games and practices in an atmosphere of respect for all persons and acknowledges the values and mission of the university.
- Assists with fundraising and general sports promotion for athletic department and university.
- Serve as the primary coach for the junior varsity team in both practices and games.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree
- Extensive knowledge of the sport of softball
- Previous coaching experience preferred
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Briar Cliff University is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers | More About Our Benefits