Assistant Athletic Director
Responsible for Internal Operations | Oversee Day-to-Day Administration
The Assistant Athletic Director assists the Athletic Director and is responsible for all internal operations and overseeing the day-to-day administration of a collegiate Athletic Department at Briar Cliff University. Briar Cliff is a member of the Great Plains Athletic Conference (GPAC) and the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must have the ability to interact effectively with students, staff, faculty, and other members of the Briar Cliff University community.
- Works closely with other departments on campus for student support services and for tracking the academic progress of student-athletes.
- Oversees all compliance and eligibility processes and adheres to all GPAC and NAIA rules.
- Assists in developing all Athletic Department budgets on a yearly basis and monitors all budgets throughout the fiscal year. Monitors and approves all credit card transactions.
- Coordinates the travel schedule for the Athletic Department.
- Develops event contracts for athletic events.
- Tracks all athletic rosters and recruits.
- Makes sure officials are assigned to events and pays officials in an online software program.
- In conjunction with the Athletic Director, organizes and oversees event management processes and workers for all home athletic events. Oversees ticketing and passes for all home athletic events. Working some nights and weekends is required when home athletic events are taking place.
- May assist with fundraising and general sports promotion for the Athletic Department and the University.
- Serves as a member of university committees as requested and/or assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a collegiate athletic department
- Knowledge of and adherence to NAIA policies and regulations
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Briar Cliff University is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to Careers | More About Our Benefits