Academic and Financial Navigator
Student Support | Case Management | Financial Aid Understanding
Support University students in achieving their goal of college graduation through in-person academic navigation and support. The Academic and Financial Navigator will provide intensive case management for students through continuous outreach, communication, and connection to resources.
Additionally, in this role, you will assist students in understanding their financial aid and billing obligations. The Navigator will provide education and support to students through individual, small group, and workshop presentations. The Navigator will prepare students for their meetings and communication with financial aid and student accounts by teaching the process and options students have available. Close collaboration with financial aid and student accounts is critical to the success of this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct one-on-one coaching as well as group presentations to build awareness of the program.
- Case management throughout the student’s enrollment at Briar Cliff University.
- Track student progress and services provided.
- Partner with university and community resources and make student referrals to those resources.
- Meet with students individually, tracking their degree progress.
- Ensure students have the resources needed in order to be successful in their college coursework.
- Work with students one on one to address their individual needs for achieving college graduation.
- Refer students to appropriate campus resources.
- Actively engage in university student orientation programs.
- Lead and coordinate supplemental programming, BCU ACHIEVE, during summer or as requested by departments.
- Implement outreach, marketing, promotion, and recruitment strategies to ensure participation.
- Make recommendations to policy or process improvement that will yield improved student success and outcomes.
- Represent Compass and the student experience on committees and initiatives as needed.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the President, Vice President for Academic Affairs, or Director of Compass.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS:
- Excellent technical skills, experience with a retention software solution a plus
- Master’s required
- Experience advising students and/or working in the higher education environment
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Effective time management, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- An understanding of the dynamics and pressures of college students and a strong interest in actively engaging to support student success
Holds frequent face to face, on-line, phone and email contact with students, faculty, administrators, and staff.
Uses basic office equipment including computers, phones, printers, and copy machines.
Willing to be flexible in his/her schedule, some evenings and weekends will be necessary to facilitate programming and meet student needs.
Must be willing to work in a community focused, small, private, religiously affiliated, liberal arts institution.
Briar Cliff University is an equal opportunity employer.